Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamsimms

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
my finder crashed and there was no icons on the desktop, the usual... I decided to restart the computer, but when it logs into osx 10.4 it opens and closes continually...

i took everything out of the startup list, and still the same thing.

any suggestions?

thanks

adamsimms

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
i just tried it from osx install disk... no luck, finder is till continually restarting

adamsimms

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
i applied the downgrade, and no luck, it continually restarts... i managed to create another account from system prefs and that works fine, its just in my account...

anyone have any suggestions?

adamsimms

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
i had shapeshifter installed, but i never had any theme on, and shapeshifter has been disabled in application enhancer for months...

i just installed stuffit deluxe 10 before, that must have been the problem, i dont understand why though

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
If you did not disable APE when you installed QT 7.0.2 this may have caused your problem.

You need to find all your Unsanity, shapeshifter, APE
extensions in spotlight and drag them to trash.

Then you may need to boot from the OS Disk again and repair the disk and permissions.

rsreynolds

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2005
adamsimms said:
i had shapeshifter installed, but i never had any theme on, and shapeshifter has been disabled in application enhancer for months...

i just installed stuffit deluxe 10 before, that must have been the problem, i dont understand why though

I had a problem where Finder would continually restart after Stuffit Deluxe 10 install. When I deleted "Macintosh HD:Library:preferencesPanes:Stuffit AVR.prefPane" Finder was ok. This may not be your problem, but it sure sounds like you had the same problem I had. Hopefully Allume will have a fix soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.