Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFocus

macrumors member
Original poster
I could use some help here.
After strange installation problems with my PB G4 667 and 10.2.6(retail) I decided to reinstall from scratch from the discs that came with one of our G4 MDD 1,25 machines.
Everything went fine even al my applications and OS 9 installed perfectly.

After the install I have created some doc's in Quark for about 1,5 hour and then suddenly after I mounted a disk from my tower, the finder crashed.

Not such a big problem but it keeps crashing when I open a finder window or sometimes even when I use sherlock.

The applications seem to work OK although iTunes keeps crashing when I want to change the iTunes Music folder.

Anybody any idea?

Thanks,

MacFocus

scan300

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
It may be that you have a hardware problem. If the restore disks that came with your powerbook don't work and you are having problems with a fresh install from a different system disk, I would take it to an Apple tech to have it checked, or at least start with a diagnostic tool such as the ones available through Microtech.

You haven't changed the name of your home folder or moved it or anything. This can also cause havoc with your system.

MacFocus

macrumors member
Original poster
After an archive & install of OS-X it works OK for now.

The only thing is that I do have an double language system again (dutch/english) and also I got again those nicer looking icons in Mail. :confused:

Anybody else have troubles with multiple language systems?
Its not really not working but when I tell the machine to use dutch it shouldn't give me an english menubar.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.