Finder slow - icons take a few seconds to open

Discussion in 'OS X' started by AppleCandidate, Oct 27, 2007.

1. macrumors member

After changing the 3D dock to 2D my sluggish animations started to improve (better, but not perfect Genie effect, perfect expose, still slow grid application, perfect widgets opening animation).

I do have a problem with the finder and opening folders in general, it's simply not as fast as it used to be - it takes a few seconds to open. Anyone else experiencing this or have any solutions?

2. macrumors regular

iPoodOverZune

I have the same problem after Leopard update 10.5.2. The finder has gone bloody slow. When using columns, for example, clicking on a folder takes up to 2 seconds to show its contents. It gets very annoying when you have dig deep thru into folder. Also I have seen that once a particular folder has opened, it then opens fast later on until either the finder is relaunched or computer restarted. Then its the same problem. I started using PathFinder and I dont see this problem there at all.
    Why has finder gotten so slow? I know it wasnt like that before, like during 10.5.1 days!

3. macrumors regular

iPoodOverZune

4. macrumors newbie

Thank you heaps

I have struggled with this for months, apple help have done many things but never suggested the double click speed. Your help is appreciated.