Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
I have my Finder window at a correct size and in the correct place. It takes a while to get it right, so when it changes back I get frustrated as hell.

And the fact it takes quite a few closes, resize, close, resize,... to get it right, but the fact that if I open it through another way, the size and place is different and then the next time I open it normally it's the other way around, it really is a hell.

Why does it do this? How can I prevent it?

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
I have my Finder window at a correct size and in the correct place. It takes a while to get it right, so when it changes back I get frustrated as hell.

And the fact it takes quite a few closes, resize, close, resize,... to get it right, but the fact that if I open it through another way, the size and place is different and then the next time I open it normally it's the other way around, it really is a hell.

Why does it do this? How can I prevent it?
I don't know how to fix this issue.
But look at this app
https://manytricks.com/moom/

richard2

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2010
England, United Kingdom
Don't waste your time attempting to make Finder's windows always keep the same position and size because it's impossible. As LxHunter has already suggested, Moom is the answer.

yW4BpYq.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.