Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
My 3rd gen Glock 17.

LIZWO8i.jpg

h6I5quz.jpg

(Click to enlarge)

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Just discovered the thread, nice!

Just sold my Yugo SKS (paid $150 two years ago, sold for $600,) yesterday.

Still have my Mosin (1938 manufacture, so pre-WW2, in immaculate condition,) Kel-Tec P11, and my grandfather's old 1950's Sears-brand (JC Higgins) 12-gauge.

Hoping to find a nice wood furniture SKS soon. The polymer just wasn't doing it for me. (I assembled it from sold-as-loose-parts bits, and not sure I assembled it quite right...)

Attachments

• IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 179
  • Kel-Tec P11.jpg
    Kel-Tec P11.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 215
  • JC Higgins.jpg
    JC Higgins.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 166
  • Mosin-Nagant.jpg
    Mosin-Nagant.jpg
    972.5 KB · Views: 200

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
Still have my Mosin (1938 manufacture, so pre-WW2, in immaculate condition,)

Those are amazing rifles. One of my relatives still has my great-grandfathers Mosin from WW1. As far as I know, it hasn't been fired since the war. Unfortunately I can't take it into the country, because its few years short of being legal. Its easier to get a permit for a machine gun than for a war relic for some stupid reason.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Those are amazing rifles. One of my relatives still has my great-grandfathers Mosin from WW1. As far as I know, it hasn't been fired since the war. Unfortunately I can't take it into the country, because its few years short of being legal. Its easier to get a permit for a machine gun than for a war relic for some stupid reason.

It's *VERY* accurate. I wish I could get the original "sniper scope" for it for a reasonable price.

Captfxk

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
My largest handgun and my smallest handgun. Both great guns. The 1911 is the most fun to shoot. The BG380 goes with me everywhere.

image.jpg

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
It's *VERY* accurate. I wish I could get the original "sniper scope" for it for a reasonable price.

Yeah, I remember when I first shot a Mosin. I was at this WW2 weapon show thingy. The owner laughed his arse off when I shot it for the first time. I was like, "Holy crap it shoots where you point it!" I was half expecting it to go wherever it wanted.

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
As we are not allowed the grown up versions; I got this Gamo C15 Blowback co2 pistol for macman and I to shoot targets with. It has a nice feel and balance, and at about a lb it doesn't feel overly heavy.

One upside with only being allowed co2 weapons is that we can make a range indoors (10m is good enough for target practise).

Takes 15 .177 steel BB's in the mag. I also got a nice metal strongbox for it (I take weapon safety very seriously, even air powered ones).

I have a pack of targets, plenty of spare co2 canisters, so later we shall have a little friendly competition :) wish me luck as last time I shot targets was with my 38 S&W near 18 years ago. (When i handed mine in and left the club).

Macman also bought me a cheapy Chinese laser for it (it was on my wish list along with a nerf gun to keep him off the trail of what i had ordered).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 153

DaKKs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
As we are not allowed the grown up versions; I got this Gamo C15 Blowback co2 pistol for macman and I to shoot targets with. It has a nice feel and balance, and at about a lb it doesn't feel overly heavy

Those are great pistols. I hope you enjoy it. I had one, or at least a similar model. Might've been a PT85, I don't really remember. I absolutely loved it. Lightweight, sturdy, quick on the trigger. And cheap as hell compared to the competition.

Then I got my permit and it seem like a bad idea to keep tinkering with air guns so I sold them all. I kinda regret it now. Though I don't really miss them blowing up in my face either...

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory

Winchester Model 1300 Defender

from this: [you shot it like that? helllllllllllll no]

p977080444-4.jpg

it was a gift :)

to this:

Hogue overmold forend and short LOP stock
20 shells in this photo :D
Esstac shotcard on Velcro brand industrial strength loop side
Allen buttstock carrier
Custom sling (1inch nylon webbing, uncle mikes quick releases, leftover slider, itw triglides)

9lbs :eek:

p883360365-4.jpg

p567012508-4.jpg

p780557065-4.jpg

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Found my next pistol. Does anyone know much about Rossi? This price is a pure steal.

357 revolver

I've seen mixed things and both either one of the extremes. I've heard people who loved them and then others who claim they feel like poor quality and one who claimed it blew up in their hands. It's in a good price range but I would just save for a S&W. Love those J frames.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I've seen mixed things and both either one of the extremes. I've heard people who loved them and then others who claim they feel like poor quality and one who claimed it blew up in their hands. It's in a good price range but I would just save for a S&W. Love those J frames.

I think if I were to save up the money, I'd get a Ruger GP. Those are nice.

Diseal3

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2008
Saw a Ruger SP101 in .38 today for $550. I'm thinking this is what I'll get. Lots and lots of people steering me away from Taurus/Rossi.

Yeah Ruger has a good name and they are reliable. I've heard bad things with Taurus revolvers also. I have the Taurus PT1911 and have no problems with it but based on online it seems to be the only gun excluded from the rest of their guns.

TheBacklash

Suspended
Oct 23, 2013
Great thread. My wife made me get rid of all my firearms when we got hitched. :(

Bad trade.. ;)

With the recent Glock posts..
I keep going back and forth on if I should pick me up a Glock again. I had a Gen 2 Glock 17 that I sold years ago. Cliche but the "it just didn't fit my hand" argument was true.

Like I said it was a Gen 2, many people say the Gen 4 is better. The only time I shot another Glock after I sold mine, last summer I got to shoot a Police Issue Glock 21SF, and I liked it. :cool:

But I want a 9mm full size, and I want to be able to run a can on it. so..

Glock 17
or
Glock 22 (40 S&W)
Buy a Lone Wolf (or similar) aftermarket 9mm barrel (conversion barrel for the 22 and shoot both calibers)
I have an indoor range here that rents pistols, I know if I go shoot a Gen 4.. it will most likely follow me home.

I love my XDm and would never replace it.. but buying a XDm in 9mm was my idea... until I saw the threaded barrel cost is most than twice that of a Glock barrel. :eek:

Yeah Ruger has a good name and they are reliable. I've heard bad things with Taurus revolvers also. I have the Taurus PT1911 and have no problems with it but based on online it seems to be the only gun excluded from the rest of their guns.

Just a little heads up on the Taurus revolvers for anyone maybe thinking of getting one.

Taurus at one time did have reliability issues with their revolvers. This has been addressed and their revolvers are good now. They may not have the fit/finish of say a S&W.. but there is nothing *wrong* with them.
If you find one of the older ones for sale used, be smart and make sure it was fixed.

Old listing.. i'm sure someone could dig up more dirt if they really wanted to do so.
Check Here

At one point yes.. they were bad. Even though they have been fixed, many people still bash Taurus.

Last edited:

ocabj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
The other day I broke in the barrel, chrono'ed and set no-wind windage zero on a freshly built SPR-style AR upper.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.