Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I have a problem with firefox that when i go to a website and there is a windows media player movie on it it does not play however when i copy the url and open it with safari it has no problems with it. I get a warning message then the movie plays in a windows media player window. How can i watch these movies in firefox?

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
bousozoku said:
Maybe if you fix the problem that causes the warning message, they'll play in both.

Well when the warning comes and i click accept or whatever it is then it works in safari but not firefox.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
crazycat said:
Well when the warning comes and i click accept or whatever it is then it works in safari but not firefox.

Maybe the same condition (whatever it might be) is impossible to overcome in Firefox.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
mkrishnan said:
What are you using to play WMP movies? Are you using Flip4Mac, WMP9, or something else?

Windows media player 9 for mac.

jen3

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2006
Try opening Firefox under Rosetta (select application icon, command-I /get info, and tick the Rosetta box). The downside is that Firefox will run slower, but the windows media links might work then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.