Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
So, I just picked up a used ipod shuffle, first gen, to take with me everywhere I'm scared to take my 3rd gen ipod, like work and school. But now I'm wondering about a sleep timer--seems like there are no settings I can change in itunes, which is sort of depressing, I like messing around with settings. I don't see any mention of a sleep timer in the manual, nor anything online. I'm fairly certain their isn't one. So now I'm wondering if there is any way to get my shuffle to enter "sleep" at all, I don't care if it runs for an hour or two, but is there any way to trick it into "sleeping" somehow, just so it doesn't play all night and kill the battery entirely? I'm thinking mainly for trips and things, if I want to play music as I sleep. I did a search on here and didn't find anything, but if it's been asked before, I apologize.

Blackhawk2006

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2006
well i dont have an exact answer to your question sorry :(

but to the person who said on a thread and review i made of the 1st gen shuffle a meer few days ago saying who wants to know about a 2year product anyway ..

you are my example

Whoever that person was just read the two threads created in the past day or two about the 1st gen shuffle and see that people are bothered

thanks

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
I'm much more interested in reviews of the older product, because I can get a better deal on the older product. Other people might be more intersted in the newer product, but that doesnt' mean people shouldn't write reviews of anything and everything. I love reading reviews, even if I already own a product, I'll read reviews onit :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.