Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenneyb

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Cancelled

You're welcome, everyone that was behind me on the order queue. Hope you get yours faster!

Ordered Watch 4/10 1:03MTN. Had 4/24 confirmation. No ship notification-I cancelled order tonight. First time/Last time I stay up. Totally wrong that others with later confirmations are getting their watches ahead of time.

dexterbell

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2015
You're welcome, everyone that was behind me on the order queue. Hope you get yours faster!

Ordered Watch 4/10 1:03MTN. Had 4/24 confirmation. No ship notification-I cancelled order tonight. First time/Last time I stay up. Totally wrong that others with later confirmations are getting their watches ahead of time.

Well that was a bit dramatic. Probably would have shown up in the next day or two. That's like waiting in line for something for hours only to walk out of line when there are only a few in front of you lol

slprescott

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2012
Slightly awkward to do up

Regarding: "the holes and the pin make it slightly awkward to do up"

From my 15-minute session at the Apple store, that was my one frustration: actually attaching the sports band. My current watch band (Timex, inexpensive) has a built-in curve that automatically wraps around the wrist. In contrast, I found the flat Apple band hard to line-up and attach.

I'm sure I'll get used to it... it's just a matter of training my fingers on a new pattern. But for what it's worth, that was the only (slightly) negative response I had to an otherwise very positive 1st-viewing of the Apple Watch Sport.

kenneyb

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
Well that was a bit dramatic. Probably would have shown up in the next day or two. That's like waiting in line for something for hours only to walk out of line when there are only a few in front of you lol

Not dramatic. Placing my votes with dollars like a good capitalist.

Albert00000

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015

It's okay the more people cancel the faster I'll get my watch :DD
Hopefully lol
Caus these SS LINK BRACLETE WATCHES SEEM TO NOT EXIST HAVENT HEARD OF ANYONE GET ONE YET

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
My first impression is pissed, you MUST pair it with the iPhone in order to use it. Is the iTunes-to-activate-your-iPhone **** all over again. No buy for me ##

Soccertess

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
first impressions

I was playing with a demo model at the Apple store and was scrolling through the emojis. I found it quite choppy and not too responsive. I was thinking it was because it was a demo model.

Anyone else find that? Love to hear from people who bought one who aren't running the demo software.

RMarch

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2011
Yes!!!

My son's 38mm blue sport band has arrived! I unfortunately ordered the 42mm SS Black sports band and it is still pending (but I expected that). I live in Melbourne and it showed up about 11am. I promised him I would not open it until he gets home from school :(

IMG_0328.jpg

josephebacon

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2011
Has anyone in the U.S. Or in California gotten any movement in their watches mine is still processing I got the 38 stainless steel link braclete it looks like they authorized the AppleCare plus which I hope is a good thing but Still no movement with the watch ugh :/

No movement on mine at all. Applecare wasn't even charged to my card...

Albert00000

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
No movement on mine at all. Applecare wasn't even charged to my card...

Mine has no movement and I used PayPal credit to pay for it first time using that hopefully everything goes okay but the apple care still shows pending it looks like they just authorized it but hasn't been completely charged yet

ArmCortexA8

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
Terra Australis
All these fools buying an overpriced digital watch, which is not even waterproof. Plus Apple removed a few of the health features (everyone seems to forget this - http://www.techtimes.com/articles/3...n-health-features-watch-will-affect-sales.htm) - in effect its a cut down version at full price. Prefer my swiss made mechanical watch - fully automatic - no battery no charger, and sapphire crystal face and see-through back where you can see the mechanics working.

I have checked out these watches personally, and even 42mm is too small for my liking. The curved edges of the display have no functionality. Your thumb takes up 3/4's of the watch. I even managed to get the main screen locked to the left and nothing happened - it froze. It takes over a minute to kick over which proves its either a bloatware / bug issue or the processor is not powerful enough. Even the Apple employee said a lot of people are complaining about its size and its mainly an accessory device, and very limited function without an iPhone. So you have two devices with battery drain - the watch plus the iPhone - all using power at once to keep each other awake. We are going backwards.

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2007
And soooo much more integrated with my iPhone than Androd Wear could ever be, with native Siri, iMessage, Photos, and music support among other things.

Dude, I am not sure you get out much. Please be more specific on what do you mean in terms of "more integrated"?

It does less than many Android Wear phones (some of these have usable cameras or can make calls through the watch itself) and it has worse battery life than many of the latest generation Android Wear stuff.

I don't think any of the Android Wear watches are all that useful either, but am bewildered by why people think this is any better.

the.teet

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
In spite of all of those orders still 'processing', let's play a fun game.

What is the worst possible Apple Watch case / band combination?

My vote is the Space Gray Sport case with milanese loop. Not only would it look super tacky, but that SG sport would definitely still be processing.

SG Sport Aluminum BSB :03 processing EOD NYC

Joe HS

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2011
United Kingdom
In spite of all of those orders still 'processing', let's play a fun game.

What is the worst possible Apple Watch case / band combination?

My vote is the Space Gray Sport case with milanese loop. Not only would it look super tacky, but that SG sport would definitely still be processing.

SG Sport Aluminum BSB :03 processing EOD NYC

Yellow-gold with green sport band.

dnitzsche

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2015
He was much calmer than I, and probably many other people, will be. GIVE ME THAT DAMN WATCH! :mad:

doelcm82

macrumors 68040
Feb 11, 2012
Florida, USA
Dude, I am not sure you get out much. Please be more specific on what do you mean in terms of "more integrated"?

It does less than many Android Wear phones (some of these have usable cameras or can make calls through the watch itself) and it has worse battery life than many of the latest generation Android Wear stuff.

I don't think any of the Android Wear watches are all that useful either, but am bewildered by why people think this is any better.
More integrated = many iPhone Apps are now designed to extend their interface onto the Apple Watch. Notifications (and replying to them using the Apple watch) work seamlessly. Synching music and photos is a breeze.

In short, they are designed to work together. Name me an android watch that is designed first and foremost to work seamlessly with iPhones.

Since you don't seem to have any use for any smart watch Apple or otherwise, you're not going to have any luck trying to talk those of use who do think they are useful out of it.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
All these fools buying an overpriced digital watch, which is not even waterproof. Plus Apple removed a few of the health features (everyone seems to forget this - http://www.techtimes.com/articles/3...n-health-features-watch-will-affect-sales.htm) - in effect its a cut down version at full price. Prefer my swiss made mechanical watch - fully automatic - no battery no charger, and sapphire crystal face and see-through back where you can see the mechanics working.

I have checked out these watches personally, and even 42mm is too small for my liking. The curved edges of the display have no functionality. Your thumb takes up 3/4's of the watch. I even managed to get the main screen locked to the left and nothing happened - it froze. It takes over a minute to kick over which proves its either a bloatware / bug issue or the processor is not powerful enough. Even the Apple employee said a lot of people are complaining about its size and its mainly an accessory device, and very limited function without an iPhone. So you have two devices with battery drain - the watch plus the iPhone - all using power at once to keep each other awake. We are going backwards.

This has to be comedy... Bad one. Otherwise you're months late on the comment.

Robin4

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
RTD-NC

Why do I not believe this?

TxExCxH

macrumors regular
May 16, 2014
Chicago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 124
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.