Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faroZ06

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2009
Does the iPad or iPhone have RAM that is reserved for the radio?

I wish. Neither of them even have a radio. Only the iPod Nano (and not the classic???) has real radio on it. There's only fake radio apps which suck :(.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Not true, you can download Genius Scan (itunes store) take a picture. Adjust it
and e-mail it to yourself or others as a scan.

Quality IMO is excellent, but that depends on what you are scanning.

Obviously not meant to deliver high dpi scans.

Thanks for the pointer but I am afraid the camera on the iPod Touch does not give the program enough to work with. It really is a nearly worthless camera. Glad I didn't think I wanted one.:)

MUrhino

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
3G working overseas?

So, will the AT&T or Verizon version work overseas w/ another carrier if you're, say vacationing? W/ the original iPad I presume you could swap out a SIM card and get a monthly plan going through another carrier, but how will the current version work? AT&T being GSM will obviously be more compatible w/ foreign networks, but is there any way to activate it without hacking? One small factor that may affect my Wi-Fi vs. Wi-Fi/3G version decision.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
With the iPad2 3 things are immediately remedied, I no longer have to transfer pics from one device to another just to embed them into a document and while performing my work I can simply use the onboard camera to take the photo direct to the iPad and also the image size will probably be of a smaller size since it may be lower pixel camera.

I can't wait, finally a one stop shop for everything + others I've been waiting for. I think it's an excellent upgrade from iPad1. :apple:

You are going to be very disappointed if it is the same camera that is in the iPT. It will not do what you want it to do. Don't take my word for it but test it carefully.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Seriously, where can you hold the device if it doesnt have edges/borders. ITs just a stupid design decision to remove the borders around the screen. Stop writing when you have no clue. Your hands would cover the actual screen instead of the bezel.

Alsu usb 3 and thunderbolt require a whole intel chipset. Come an. Serioulsy dude.

What, are you 5?

I express an opinion and you feel the need to make it personal because, for some reason, you are angry about what I said?

So maybe the bezel gets reduced to a 1/4" or so; less is better.

And so what if a new chipset is needed. I said revolutionary didn't I?

Lets see what Apple can do before you weigh with naysay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.