Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tongxinshe

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
This article really saved the most important sentence to the very last!!! What a long reading, but finally the one sentence really matters:

"My hand didn’t cramp up while grasping the iPad Air for an hour while watching movies or playing games."

tongxinshe

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
Waiting for iPad with touch i.d next year.

Touch ID isn’t that important on a tablet comparing with a phone — you don’t normally need to unlock it while you are driving or doing homework, in another word, while you can barely spare your eyes or your both hands, the three members needed to comfortably type in your password.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I gave my iPad 2 my kids, which unfortunately was stolen this summer, and got a Mini w/ cellular (first cellular iPad for me) in June. I like my Mini but my only reservation was the non-retina, though it was the same resolution as my iPad 2 on a smaller screen.

I wondered whether I would be tempted to get a Mini Retina if they came out this fall, though it sounds like they will be in short supply, and I have to deal with the hassle of selling my existing one. I don't want to really replace the kids iPad 2 with a cellular model as they are too young.

But now I wonder if I would prefer the Air seeing as the weight difference shrank.

DJJAZZYJET

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2011
No touch ID is its biggest letdown, will wait till the next one to upgrade my iPad mini

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Waiting for iPad with touch i.d next year.

Agreed. As much as I want the iPad Air, the lack of Touch ID, flash, a camera equivalent to the 5S and A7X has me waiting. No reason not to put Touch ID in the iPad. If there are shipping constraints, so be it. There were with the 5S too, and people are still buying (and waiting for that matter).

o0smoothies0o

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2013
Agreed. As much as I want the iPad Air, the lack of Touch ID, flash, a camera equivalent to the 5S and A7X has me waiting. No reason not to put Touch ID in the iPad. If there are shipping constraints, so be it. There were with the 5S too, and people are still buying (and waiting for that matter).

A7X is pointless and there will most likely never be another X chip. The only reason for it was to power the larger retina display, which is no longer a problem with the A7.

hwrdrrk

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
I have a really big travel year planned for 2016. Can someone tell me if the macpad air will be out yet, or if I will need to wait until 2017?

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
These reviews are a joke. They could have easily been written during the damn keynote. Anandtech has the best, most in-depth review, as always.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Heh, as usual the sock puppets give glowing reviews...

I mean, what's really that drastically different other than being lighter and thinner?

Yep, and as usual the naysayer sock puppets offer bitter remarks and straw-man arguments. :)

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
So anandtech is saying 1gb ram, but no mention of how they arrived at that knowledge.

?

Saturn1217

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2008
So I was going to wait patiently for the iPad Air to drop in price...but I am taking a course that starts next week and the professor just emailed us a 118 page course booklet. I was like no way do I want to print this out. If only I had an iPad...

So would it be really stupid to buy the iPad Air opening weekend instead of waiting. This course is only lasting 3 weeks and I really could just print out the damn pages but it is such a good excuse!

Also is there any chance of a sale on Black Friday? I just want the 32gb model slightly cheaper (just enough to cover tax would be fine).

And then I have to decide between slate gray or silver...hmmm...

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
I look forward to holding the iPad Air in person...and I'm sure it'll be a lot thinner and lighter...but I still plan to update my ipad mini to the retina mini instead. I just prefer the mini's size and portability.

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
Going from my iPad 1 to iPad air is definitely gonna be interesting.

Half pound lighter :D

I can thumb type on my iPad 1 with no issues.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
A7X is pointless and there will most likely never be another X chip. The only reason for it was to power the larger retina display, which is no longer a problem with the A7.

That's like saying there will never be another iPhone S model. Hasn't there always been an "X" chip?

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
No Verge review? :p

Damn I want the iPad Air. I'm stuck with the "prototype" iPad.:mad::rolleyes:

They're pretty much never first and always have a slight delay compared to others when releasing stories. However, they tend to actually post real stories, instead of breaking tidbits that contain no real content or information.

Worth a little wait for a trusted source. Probably soon tonight or first thing in my morning feedly readings. :)

o0smoothies0o

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2013
That's like saying there will never be another iPhone S model. Hasn't there always been an "X" chip?

There has since the retina iPad. Now there isn't. Why reintroduce it? If they can, it is a lot better and I'm sure cheaper for them to produce one new chip every year which will power the new iPhone and new iPads respectively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.