Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dross

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2004
Bethesda, MD
I don't know if I would pay $100,000 for a ride into space that concisted of going round and round like that. I think they better stock up on barf bags. :eek: :eek: :eek:

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Macmaniac said:
Comcast had a video of the flight and the barrel rolls that the ship experienced, they did a lot of barrel rolls, I hope they are able to fix the problem and return to space soon:)

Well pilot error is a whole lot easier to fix than a problem inherent in the vehicle itself. Fixing it hopefully will only involve a post-it note not to hit whatever he said he did to cause the rolls. :p

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Apple Hobo said:
High altitude flight is a very different beast compared to regular flight. It doesn't take much to get into serious trouble in the blink of an eye. Even the best pilots can get killed when this stuff happens.

Oh, I understand the sensitivity of controlling aircraft at high altitude - he's lucky nothing worse happened.

But regardless, in a few days time they might actually get a smooth flight and break 70 miles high :D

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.