Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
I wonder when this whole "show a video of me unboxing a new apple product" trend will finally peter out.
And when it does, we'll look back at these days and think how lame it was that everyone was posting 'unboxing' videos and we thought that was anything but totally stupid.

Really.

Although unboxing videos are somewhat predictable, it is kind of neat (IMO) to see an unreleased product a few days before we can get our hands on one.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I can't remember being this excited since, oooooh, iPad 1??

eh, when I got my iPad 2 in the mail, I wasn't all the excited as compared to getting my iPhone 4... With my iPhone I ran outside and the fed-ex driver was like new iPhone, and I was like YUP! :D

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I'm still wondering what the logic is behind called it "The New iPad". What is it going to be next year? "The New New iPad" or "The newer iPad"?

In my opinion they should have gone with "iPad 3" or "iPad 2012".

Edit: wow, disagree with something Apple does and you get a negative rating on your post. :rolleyes:

I think the assumption is that every new iPad will just be referred to as "iPad". Like how iPod models are named.

Then you can refer to the specific model by generation.

Slurpy2k8

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Well there is two blokes that will never be seen again... ;)

Interesting how many leaks there have been of the iPad this time around, with Jobs gone, maybe the Apple Secret service has been cut back.

Uhh.. this does not qualify as a 'leak'. The product has been unveiled, been handled by hundreds of people, we have hands on video and impressions, and millions of people will be receiving theirs in 2 days.

Also, there have been no real 'leaks' with this iPad. Nothing was really confirmed before the event. There were much more major leaks when Jobs was around. Enough of this 'this wouldnt have happened when Jobs was around' ********.

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Also, there have been no real 'leaks' with this iPad. Nothing was really confirmed before the event. There were much more major leaks when Jobs was around. Enough of this 'this wouldnt have happened when Jobs was around' ********.

Hogwash!
Nothing is ever confirmed before the event.
That's what makes them leaks.
And we saw darn near every part there is to see with this iPad before the reveal so yes, I agree that there were more leaks this time.
Nothing to do with Jobs or no Jobs but there were more leaks.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
It's not "The New iPad", it's the new "iPad". The only confusing bit is going to be that between this year and next the naming conventions will go:
This Year
iPad (the old, old iPad, newly discontinued)
iPad 2 (the old iPad, now just a base model)
iPad (the new iPad)

Next Year
iPad 2 (the old, old iPad, newly discontinued)
iPad (the old iPad, now just a base model)
iPad (the new iPad)

Beyond that, it'll be just like the MacBook [Pro|Air], iMac, Mac mini, and Mac Pro:
iPad (the old, old iPad, newly discontinued)
iPad (the old iPad, now just a base model)
iPad (the new iPad)

Still too confusing when you get people asking questions when it's time to buy in stores or asking questions to their friends. Never mind the headache this will cause where software support is concerned.

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
JUST A HEADS UP..

you will notice the box is the same as the IPAD2 box... except the screen image is blue..

keep that in mind..... for if your at a store and the ipad's are behind glass, you will at least know its an ipad 3...

also, if your buying off of someone, make sure to check the box for the blue screen on the ipad... and I would also open it up and fire it up to make sure its a retina screen....

I can see some scams happening soon...

Apple should of put something different on the box to differentiate from the ipad 2 box

Impressive scrapple, most impressive!

We are are group of Mystery Solvers in need of a sixth member. There's already a jock, a redhead, a brainy girl, a stoner and a big dog. We got a big van with custom graphics, and are going to investigate reports of a ghost from Mr. Jenkins this weekend.

Are you in? You'll need a name... let's see. Scrapple... scrapple... how about scrappy? You're a can-do kinda guy right? Scrappy-do! I like it, I think the public will love you.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
Yep, just like iMac has been so confusing these last 10 years. :rolleyes:

Gee, no need for rolling eyes. I thought it was spelled out in pretty simple terms. Follow along and maybe you'll understand....it's the CHANGEOVER that will be confusing. Once people are used to the dropping of the number it will be just like your iMac example. Oh...and like MY iMac example too:

You don't see things like a Macbook 5, a Mac Mini 3 or an iMac 6. It's merely a Macbook, iMac or Mac Mini.

Geez.

Detlev_73

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2004
Roswell, GA
"There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch." :D

But seriously: I think all languages are uniquely beautiful. Each one has a flavor of its own, and style of its own, its own unique beauty. But, German, now that's a language! Perfect for S&M, grrrr... :p

Xscapes

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
New York
JUST A HEADS UP..

you will notice the box is the same as the IPAD2 box... except the screen image is blue..

keep that in mind..... for if your at a store and the ipad's are behind glass, you will at least know its an ipad 3...

also, if your buying off of someone, make sure to check the box for the blue screen on the ipad... and I would also open it up and fire it up to make sure its a retina screen....

I can see some scams happening soon...

Apple should of put something different on the box to differentiate from the ipad 2 box

The iPad 3 box has a iCloud icon on the bottom side, which iPad 2 is a Apple logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.