Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ProVideo

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
I was expecting this to be bad, but that's just awful. It looks to be an exercise of Narcissism for Kutcher's part with a Movie of the Week feel. They will no doubt make their money back and more, but it won't be enough to buy back their souls.

Bill Killer

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2011
I'm waiting for Sorkin's version. I can all but guarantee that one will not have that movie of the week feel that this and Pirates have.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
Oh. My. God.

Josh Gad's performance/portrayal looks, sounds and feels even worse than I could have ever imagined.

Seriously, that guy is the worst.

ReanimationN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Australia
Jeez, this is horrible. Kutcher looks less like Jobs in the role than I thought he would- the 1990s era Noah Wyle was a far more accurate match. The guy playing Woz also looks nothing like him. But by far and away the worst thing about this clip is the acting, it's atrocious. It looks like Pirates of Silicon Valley isn't going to be dethroned any time soon.

noahrobd

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2008
My first thought was who's the other guy it's not Woz they aren't talking about the right stuff. Maybe the Woz character will just be a mash up of Nerds.

I think you mean the concept of WYSWYG and a Graphical OS.
I though Woz stayed on the Apple ][ and /// projects. There was ][gs OS, released 86 take a few years off that and the steve's could have been talking about it prior to LISA and Mac Projects released 83,84.

No I definitely meant a computer operating system. Maybe, maybe not, that's what was meant in the scene, as the specifics of the technical facts seemed to be inaccurate. It seemed they were talking about the concept of what the first Apple I computer became. Woz did had to make his own operating system for it. He may have invented that particular operating system, but he didn't invent what an operating system is. This was before Jobs visited Xerox and learned about GUI and WYSISYG.

gm713

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Where's the confidence, the energy, the reality distortion field... Ashton plays the role of one of the most influencing and eccentric personalities, and can't pull it off. He sounds like he's doubting what he is saying, and Jobs was never that. I'm disappointed, was actually looking forward to the movie.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
No I definitely meant a computer operating system. Maybe, maybe not, that's what was meant in the scene, as the specifics of the technical facts seemed to be inaccurate. It seemed they were talking about the concept of what the first Apple I computer became. Woz did had to make his own operating system for it. He may have invented that particular operating system, but he didn't invent what an operating system is. This was before Jobs visited Xerox and learned about GUI and WYSISYG.

It's a bit hard to tell one is mumbling the other talking wildly but it seem to me they were talking WYSISYG. What did the the maybe Woz guy call it Real time operation visualisation system or some thing like that. Then the Ashton says 'you mean i can see what I'm working on as I'm working on it' or similar.

fernan

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
Sweden
jOBS

First of all, the title of the film , they should've named it something else. anyhow, Ashton is very look-a-like Steve BUT his voice is , should try to sound more like Jobs.
The other actor (dunno the name) is very good thu. He performs his character very very good.

Im skeptic to the movie but I'll still watch it.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Looks and sounds like Ashton Kutcher in the role of Ashton Kutcher.

Congratulations, you've just won the "up vote" sweepstakes. Good job!!! ;)

----------

First of all, the title of the film , they should've named it something else. anyhow, Ashton is very look-a-like Steve BUT his voice is , should try to sound more like Jobs.
The other actor (dunno the name) is very good thu. He performs his character very very good.

Im skeptic to the movie but I'll still watch it.

That's because he's a decent actor.

tatonka

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2009
It doesn't have to be that way. The girl from "Princess Diaries" is the front-runner for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar this year.

Multiple Oscar winner Sally Field started her career as Gidget, followed by The Flying Nun.

Another Oscar winner, Jessica Lange, played "Dwan" in the 1976 King Kong remake.

I didn't say it needed to be that way, I just said in the case of Ashton Kutcher it was. I don't even think he is a bad actor, in fact I like him in That 70's Show or in the new Two And a half man. I just don't think he has a very broad spectrum of roles he plays well.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
unbelievable...... :mad:

Steve Jobs (The real one), must be killing himself laughing in his grave.....

This "played out" rip-off.. I can't believe its going to be a movie.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Too bad Woz has gone on record as saying this event never happened. I have little hope for the rest of the movie now.

RSL

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
Too bad Woz has gone on record as saying this event never happened. I have little hope for the rest of the movie now.

He actually says the roles are completely wrong and terribly inaccurate.

Ashton Kutcher for a serious role? Come on! I never expected this movie to be any good.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Where are those special ones that say they never use flash?

Oh that's right they're here and their macrumour members

Burn

Its not quite a 'burn' now though is it?

Where did I say I don't use Flash?

Where are the immature ones that say 'burn' ?

Oh that's right they're here and they're MacRumors members - note the spelling!

theanimaster

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
I dunno... I prefer Noah Wyles in Pirates of Silicon Valley. How he played Jobs there was epic. It was the first time I thought "I didn't know Jobs was such an @$$hole" ... and so I had to look up the fact. Noah Wyles really nailed it, but at the same time I hate him for making me understand who and how Jobs really was.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.