Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DUDEMANGUY5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Ok, Everyone!@!!

#6 iPod touch 32 gig model

WORKS GREAT! no light leaks, no Camera clicking :eek: :D

supermassive

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2010
congratulations!

Were your other iPts new or restocked ones? Did you exchange em in Store or by Mail?

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
#6 iPod touch 32 gig model

WORKS GREAT! no light leaks, no Camera clicking :eek: :D

Very good news. The down side is I have TWO with camera clicking, but no light leaks. I wonder what the chances are of me getting two replacements with no issues?
I think I'll start tomorrow with my 32GB and see how it goes.

Did they give you a whole new box w/ accessories, or did they just exchange the iPod itself?

DUDEMANGUY5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Did they give you a whole new box w/ accessories, or did they just exchange the iPod itself?

Walmart Exchanged EVERYTHING, cause i never took anything else out of the box or used any of them. and they check if everything is there anyways

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Walmart Exchanged EVERYTHING, cause i never took anything else out of the box or used any of them. and they check if everything is there anyways

ok, gotcha. the apple store usually does it different. they did when i exchanged an iPod classic. they just wanted the actually iPod, and just gave me an iPod in exchange.

Captain Bozo

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2007
That's like saying, "I wanted a new iPod but instead I'm buying a watermelon or a goldfish." It makes no sense.

You are wrong.

It totally depends on what the OP intends to use the device for.

A correct analogy might be that he wanted a BLT but the bacon sucked so he instead will make a PBJ or a burger.

peestandingup

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2006
Ah, Wal-Mart. They'll take back anything wont they. I once took back an OPENED package of underwear that had clearly been washed. Now that's just wrong, lol.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
I've had to return 5 64GB units. Three had light leaking and two had 4 or more stuck pixels out of the box. Different serial numbers, different stores. I've never had problems with Apple products before this touch, but I feel that they've really dropped the ball on quality for this product. For $500 all I expect is a defect free product. I've since given up on getting one of these.

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
My 2nd iPod Touch 4G 32GB came in from Amazon (I bought 2). 2nd one had no issues whatsoever. I'm going to take the first one I got and get it exchanged. Even though I bought it from Amazon, could I take it to Apple and get it exchanged? And would I need to print out a receipt from Amazon to prove it?

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
My 2nd iPod Touch 4G 32GB came in from Amazon (I bought 2). 2nd one had no issues whatsoever. I'm going to take the first one I got and get it exchanged. Even though I bought it from Amazon, could I take it to Apple and get it exchanged? And would I need to print out a receipt from Amazon to prove it?

You can take it to the Apple Store, no problem. I took an iPod classic I bought from Sweetwater.com to the Apple Store for replacement and I didn't need a receipt. It should be registered as soon as you set it up in iTunes.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
Let's modify your argument so it actually correlates with the issue here. It's like buying a brand new car and finding that the rear passenger window has a spot a few inches long on the very outside that wasn't tinted, and it can only be noticed in the brightest of sunlight when someone is looking very hard for it.

So no, I wouldn't care.

I agree with this one. Scratched to hell? lol I wouldn't buy it if it a car was scratched to hell, but my light leak, I only noticed it after turning off all the lights, turning on brightness and LOOKING at that spot that was the common culprit. so yeah it's like looking for a scratch on your brand new car. And yes there WAS a scratch on your brand new car you bought, no one pointed it out though.

GoodBoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
Hmm, that might actually suggest Apple improved LCD QC :) I remember bad pixels were very common in the first and second gens iPod touch.

Link2999

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Thought I would share my reports.

1st iPod - Unknown Serial - Yellow Tinting at the Top of the Screen
2nd iPod - CC - Light Leak and Dead Pixel
3rd iPod - CC - Light Leak (worse than 2nd)
4th iPod - C3 - Light Leak (better than 2nd & 3rd), Clicking when WiFi is On (Didn't check on 1-3)

Sticking with the 4th for now, may return it if I find a dead pixel or something later on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.