Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

higuiz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
So, I have 2 MacBooks Air's. The first one is 6,1 version, the second one is 6,2 version.
Problematic is 6,2. This guy haves 128gb ssd from Samsung which is very bad and it is not recognises any other system you want install on this machine (for example if you want install Windows on this SSD it stucks on Preparing Devices when initialises SSD).

So, after that, I decided to use 6,1 and sell 6,2 to my friend cause I don't wanna spent money on that dumb sh.. but after leaving this MacBook for 2 months - wifi isn't working at all, it's missing by yourself. No wifi card in System Report and No hardware installed error on board.
What I tried after that:

0. PRAM and SMC clearing - no luck
  1. Reinstall system on latest one (Big Sur) - no luck
  2. Reinstall system on Mohave - no wifi
  3. Change wifi cards from 6,1 to 6,2 (Broadcom ones) - no f000ing luck
  4. Check both Broadcom cards in 6,1 machine - working fine in windows or macOS (doesn't matter, it works fine)
  5. Check Wifi cards second time in 6,2 - no luck.
So after that I decided to flash SMC via SMCTool. My bad decision.
Link to SMCTOOL there

I checked board number of original SMC twice - Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5 MacBook Air 6,2 A1466. I took all photos with board info from shell on my mobile and after that I flashed fresh dump of SMC. Firmware: 2.27f2.
After that - PRAM clear and booting in Mohave. No GPU acceleration, slow booting cause no acceleration and utc.

I decided reinstall Mohave - no luck, still no GPU acceleration after that.
So, guys, I really need help with that peace of sh. Don't actually know what I need to do right now.

higuiz1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
update: booting with OpenCore still no GPU acceleration on Mohave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.