Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qzak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
from slashdot...

"Samsung hopes that falling prices for flash-memory chips will mean solid-state memory can eventually replace hard-disk drives in Apple PowerBooks and iBooks as well as other devices, Macworld UK is reporting. The benefits? - silent; less power; reliable and faster."

that is if they can build them big enough, and up the times you can read/write on a flash drive

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
Hmmm... that just made me think about how Apple really should have some form of compact flash or sd card reader built into its high end 17 inch PowerBooks since professional Mac users have always 'typically' been of the computer graphics, web design, photography i.e. media orientated professions. Surely that would be a welcome addition?

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
Spanky Deluxe said:
Hmmm... that just made me think about how Apple really should have some form of compact flash or sd card reader built into its high end 17 inch PowerBooks since professional Mac users have always 'typically' been of the computer graphics, web design, photography i.e. media orientated professions. Surely that would be a welcome addition?

if you want it you can have one on a pc card.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.