Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Axemantitan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
My computer was slowing to an ungodly-slow crawl and so I opened Activity Monitor to see what was causing it. I discovered that Flash Player was using 100% or more of CPU time. I am running Flash Player 10.3 on Safari 5.1 on Snow Leopard. This problem did not occur in the previous version of Safari.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
My computer was slowing to an ungodly-slow crawl and so I opened Activity Monitor to see what was causing it. I discovered that Flash Player was using 100% or more of CPU time. I am running Flash Player 10.3 on Safari 5.1 on Snow Leopard. This problem did not occur in the previous version of Safari.

Is this when Flash is playing a video or something else?

Axemantitan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
I won't lie. I was playing games on Facebook. Farmville, Cityville, and even Mafia Wars would slow down.

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
This may help the issue, not solve it, but you should check out ClickToFlash and FlashFrozen. The former blocks Flash, enabling it only by clicking, while the latter alerts the issue if Flash goes over a certain percentage CPU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.