Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billenium_uk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2005
having just read an article about the emac having display problems i thought id write and ask if anyone knows of any way of being able to fix it, only ive had an emac now for quite a while with no problems but then the other day the screen decided to continually flicker and be out of proportion to the monitor.? ive tried evyertyin thing i can think of changing the resolution etc etc but to no avail, im guessing i was one of the unlucky customers with the faulty screened emac

oh well if anyone can help woudl be much appreciated!!

cheers

Bill

matticus008

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Billenium_uk said:
having just read an article about the emac having display problems i thought id write and ask if anyone knows of any way of being able to fix it, only ive had an emac now for quite a while with no problems but then the other day the screen decided to continually flicker and be out of proportion to the monitor.? ive tried evyertyin thing i can think of changing the resolution etc etc but to no avail, im guessing i was one of the unlucky customers with the faulty screened emac

oh well if anyone can help woudl be much appreciated!!

cheers

Bill

Well, have you tried changing the refresh rate to a higher level? CRT monitors on 60Hz flicker badly all the time, but many people don't notice. Beyond that, how old is the eMac? Electronics do wear out eventually. You might also look into degaussing the monitor, though I have no idea how to do that with an eMac.

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
I once owned an eMac - and was really happy with it, until I had to do a couple of weeks work using somebodys nice 20" LCD set up, and it just totally spoiled me.

Coming back to my emac was never the same. The flicker....Oh the flicker!! At the highest resolution, the flicker was just plain awful...check that out before you call apple! It's best at 1024*768 although you can safely take it one notch above that I believe at 75Hz?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.