Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iomar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
Hell,

I just switched to Cingular from Sprint for different reasons.

Now I am deciding on a new phone. I would love to get a flip phone that i can sync with my Macintosh through iSync. It can be either bluetooth or not. As long as I can connect it through USB or bluetooth and synic it with iSynic. Can some one please recomend a phone?

Thank you very much.
Omar

1macker1

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2003
A Higher Level
I hope you have better luck than I did. I've had sprint about a year and a half, and i've been searching high and low for a bluetooth phone.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Originally posted by 1macker1
I hope you have better luck than I did. I've had sprint about a year and a half, and i've been searching high and low for a bluetooth phone.

My friend is one of 200 people lucky enough to have the only Bluetooth phone that works with the Sprint PCS network.

Last year, Sprint said they would offer a Sony-Ericsson phone that would work on there network. They made 200 phones, and Sprint decided that they didn't want to offer the phone any longer.

So, Sony-Ericsson had 200 phones that that worked on the Sprint PCS network. They sold most of them to their employees and the rest were sold through an invitation only web auction. My friend has been complaining to Sprint for over a year about how they need a Bluetooth phone. He got an invite and got one of the phones.

It's pretty nice. It syncs flawlessly with his iBook and PowerMac, but the service is very bad. His phone "crashed" 5 times the first day he had it, and sometimes it will only pickup one bar of signal while mine has 5 full bars.

Hopefully Sprint will rethink their decision to not support Bluetooth. But, for now, I don't see another Sprint Bluetooth phone happening for a while.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Sony Ericsson Z600. the best SE phone ever (sans the P800/900). awesome reception, all the features you can imagine in a high end phone (again, sans the P800/900) and the best screen out there. sound quality is very good, people often told me they think i'm on landline and i feel the same about their voice. and best of all, it's very mac friendly (like any SE phone) and syncs beautifully with iSync. BT implementation has also been the bets in SE phones.

go for it. you won't regret getting it. it's a great phone. :)

note: but it's a GSM phone, so maybe you should switch to T-Mo or ATT.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Originally posted by MoparShaha
Cingular is GSM.

oh, right, i forgot about cingular. (didn't read the original post entirely :p )

so get that Z600 and enjoy it. :)

note thou, that around april or may, there will be the T650 that is basically the Z600 + 1.3 MP camera, expandable memory, videorecording and playback ability, and other neat additions. BUT it's not a flip, it's a candybar. :(

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
but the V60i is old, and underfeatured. most importantly, it has no Bluetooth. if you never used it, you ahve no idea what you're missing. especially with a mac, it's even better.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Bluetooth, bah! Syncing with bluetooth is like watching the grass grow. I have a T68i. When the contract runs out next month, I'm cancelling.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
ha?

he T68i is pretty old. the interface was ungodly slow and the screen ghosts a lot. i'm not sure if it'll be related to the software, but maybe it'll cause the transfer to be slow as well.

i use a Z600 and it's fast. as soon as it's connected, just hit sync and in few seconds everything's done. maybe it's your phone..??
i transfer files all the time to my phone and the speed was fast enough.

BT's very useful.

MacBoyX

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2003
East Coast, USA
Originally posted by Ryan1524
but the V60i is old, and underfeatured. most importantly, it has no Bluetooth. if you never used it, you ahve no idea what you're missing. especially with a mac, it's even better.

Bah.

I had a T68i, cool phone, BT was nice but CRAP reception. I purposely went back to TDMA. Don't knock people's choices, we all have our reasons. And I gotta tell you, compared to my GSM T68i, my "OLD" v60i is exactly what the doctor ordered, it makes calls, has plenty of features, it hold my Addresses, my contacts and makes PHONE CALLS, what more do you need? I'll take clear reception over a color screen any day.

The original poster just asked for phones that worked with iSync, BT or not.

macboyX

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Originally posted by Ryan1524
Sony Ericsson Z600. the best SE phone ever (sans the P800/900). awesome reception, all the features you can imagine in a high end phone (again, sans the P800/900) and the best screen out there. sound quality is very good, people often told me they think i'm on landline and i feel the same about their voice. and best of all, it's very mac friendly (like any SE phone) and syncs beautifully with iSync. BT implementation has also been the bets in SE phones.

I want one and could get one for free (with my subscription). But however there is one thin I am missing and that is desktop handsfree. SE doesn't advertise with it or is it a feature that isn't on the phone? For the rest this phone is perfect for me!! Does anyone know if the loudspeaker is loud enough for it? And can you speak in the mic from half a meter away (so that they can still hear you!!). If anyone has som experience with this phone, please post!

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Are there any phones that will sync with a Mac via USB cable? I am not even thinking wireless, I just want to plug it into a Mac while using Sprint.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.