Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin.

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2007
Calgary, Canada
maybe so no one steals the macbook they would look at it and go ewwww windows but it would actually have osx. which would be really really stupid because i would rather get my mb stolen and use flurry, cause the flying windows ss is retarded

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
hahaha... i guess i can kinda relate. i use win95's "the microshaft sound" as my XP's startup sound (XP is under parallels, of course. :)).

why on EARTH would you want that horrible, 20th century thing when you have something as beautiful as flurry?

S

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
i am still curious as to WHY?

Because the OP asked for it.

RE: the modified request, ToasterClone 1.0 should fit the bill. Otherwise the previously mentioned XScreenSaver has a 3D version of the flying toasters. I prefer the pixelated version, myself. :)

As for a flying Windows-esque, OS X did have a built in one that would to fly the icons of all your installed apps at the focal point. It was tossed in one of the previous versions, but it's been recreated. Sadly, it's not available for Intel-based machines.

TheBusDriver

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 24, 2005
i am still curious as to WHY?

Because when i was in elementery school they had these screen savers on the macs at school, and it brings me back to a simpler time i supose. this one and a lawnmowing one too i belive that one would be awesome too if you can find it. I'm suprised you guys found the flying toasters lol i'm such a geek

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.