Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjuktstarkgrogg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

I've been looking into buying a new sound interface for a while and the focusrite scarlett seems to be a very good card, but... Everywhere I look they say that these cards are only compatible with OS X 10.9 and above but that's not the case. I just got the opportunity to try one out and it worked like a charm on my MBP Retina mid 2012 still kicking OS X 10.8.5. It's actually plug-and-play and I just needed to connect it to my macbook and it showed up in Ableton and Adobe Audition immediately. So I can definitely recommend this to those stability maniacs out there that are still going strong on Mountain Lion.

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en...ocusrite-USB-interfaces-Plug-and-Play-on-Mac-

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
The first generation models are officially compatible back to 10.6. The second generation models require (officially) 10.10 or above with the note going back to 10.6: "This is untested and not officially supported, though the Scarlett range is class compliant and may work on this OS”.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.