Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dragonforce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Germany
Can someone please check this out for me ? Just the game, excluding (remaining) saved patch files/installers/huge addons/saved movies.

Thanks.

yukio

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Mine's just under 22GB.

It could be because I explore a lot....

(edit)

My Data folder alone is 17.75GB

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Screenshot2010-05-10at110018AM.png

Could I delete all of these files then?

EDIT: My data folder is 17.something gigs too, so 6 gigs or so of patches seems right to me.

Dragonforce

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Germany
Yeah, you can safely delete those. Or you could move the *patch files to an external HDD in case you need to reinstall, so you don't have to download them again.

Anyway, the downloaders and the patch applications can be trashed, I always did that.

Thanks for checking out the folder size for me, debating if I should waste the 17 GB of precious SSD space or not. I'm just bored lately and looking for a game to play... haven't played WoW for like 1 1/2 years and yeah... might as well take a look into the face of the devil :p

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Could I delete all of these files then?

EDIT: My data folder is 17.something gigs too, so 6 gigs or so of patches seems right to me.

Since you're in Australia I'm guessing that you have a data cap, so I'd suggest backing them up in case you need to reinstall. You don't need to keep them sitting in your WoW folder though.

If you have a Wrath DVD then you can get rid of the "2.x" patches; your DVD will already be patched up to at least 3.0.1.

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
Since you're in Australia I'm guessing that you have a data cap, so I'd suggest backing them up in case you need to reinstall. You don't need to keep them sitting in your WoW folder though.

If you have a Wrath DVD then you can get rid of the "2.x" patches; your DVD will already be patched up to at least 3.0.1.

I have a 50 gig cap, but my ISP has like 4.5tb of unmetered gaming content, so I can download most of this stuff unmetered :D

And thanks, thought they were the actual patches, that's 6 gigs more space back, just in time for Steam too :)

Foxile

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2007
Since installing Cataclysm, my folder stands at a whopping 34Gb !!!

I'm going to have to try trimming that down I think :eek:

lordjonny

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Mine is chilling at 31gb with cata, even after a little clean up! i'd rather not touch it though its one of the only things i dont keep on an external and its not exactly denting my internal HD space!

Venkman90

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
Mine's at 25.15 GB, so those with smaller HDD/SSDs can cut it down to at least that.

Yeah, same here and thats with no patches undeleted.

I checked and the data file alone is 99% of that, which is the world content and can't be trimmed. I guess Cata added a lot of textures for the flying in Azeroth bit as thats a 10gig hike.

They may need to address this if they really are planning on another 5 years of content ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.