Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamjay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Indianapolis
so i've convinced my girlfriend to get her Pentium3-766mhz machine folding. sorry this is somewhat of a windows based question but i know there are mucho folding contributors here that also fold on PC's.
Her machine just sits there since i bought her a G4 ibook, and she uses it maybe twice a week to play the Sims.

anyways, she is running XP and can only get the console (kinda like the terminal) version to work. the GUI and screensaver versions will not. When she set it up she put her team # down as 1, and i've been trying to change it to OUR team number. But i can't find any way to change it.
When i start the console it just scrolls through "Team No. 1" downloads the protein and starts folding. I tried erasing it from the HD, even searched the whole HD for anything with "FAH" in it and erased that. But when i reinstall the console .exe it finds her user name and team number "1" again.

where can i find these preferences on the PC to either Delete or Change them?

Thanks.

adamjay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Indianapolis
yea... as i mentioned earlier that i deleted and reinstalled it. but there must be a preference somewhere in a library file that holds her team#

c'mon guys! i'm trying to add a machine to the team! hehe

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
There's a couple of ways to do it:

1) Edit client.cfg (should be located in the same directory as FAH4Console.exe)

or

2) Run the app from the command line with -configonly.
So, "C:\Program Files\Folding@Home\FAH4Console.exe -configonly" should do it.

adamjay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2004
Indianapolis
that did it, thanks Rower. once again sorry for the PC question...

i now have 4 Machines folding. G4 867, G4 450, G4 800, and a Pentium3 766

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.