Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Taking popcorn and enjoying Samsung's supporters in full defense mode :D

----------

Seems like Samsung found something they can't copy from Apple.

Yes, the ability to design good phones :D

----------

Ahu... sure whatever you say :rolleyes: and that's why Apple get's away with making 40% profit on each one sold.

They are welcomed, since they are giving me a great product for my money.

----------

I think it's more than just Apple killing Samsung.

Now with Xiaomi and others providing cheaper, higher quality spec phones... Samsung just isn't competitive in the android market anymore.

I don't know anyone who has bought a new Samsung phone for a while now. I've also not seen a very great increase of iPhones in my region [that is not really known for having a lot of money].

I'd say it's the combination of 2 great forces, iPhone larger sizes and more competitive android phones.

That's the point. Samsung is under a two fronts attack....

----------

How nice for you to be so far ahead of all of us fools throwing our money away. And how evil of Apple to copy Samsu...HTC by ...of all the nerve...increasing the size of their phone!! Don't they know only Sams...HTC can be allowed to make anything over five inches? It's downright criminal!!

Stop embarrassing yourself.

You are right! How can I be such an ignorant giving Apple so much money when I could buy a fantastic Samsung's phone ?
I must be blind :D

----------

I love all the Samsung doom and gloom here, especially considering Samsung's profits are in the trillions and Apple's profits are only in the billions.

Not to mention Samsung producing most of the next iPhone's chips.

Yeah, Samsung's definitely on their way out. :cool:

MacRumors: Keeping it funny, one article at a time.

Reality check: even if they share the same name, Samsung mobile and Samsung semiconductors aren't really the same company. One could fail, and close, while the other could still works.

----------

It's true. Samsung makes more than enough money to stay in business.

Galaxy S phones will be around for the foreseeable future. Better get used to it.

Besides, Apple needs Samsung's ideas to stay in the lead.

Apple needs what ??? :eek:
Lol .... :D

expectdelay

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2010
Dewey Defeats Truman!

Fair enough. But I think you can agree that Apple has defied all journalist expectations.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/death_knell

Apple has been declared dead 65 times since April, 1995.

The Apple Death Knell Counter (ADKC) is a collection of death pronouncements for Apple throughout the years. Issued by journalists, analysts, pundits, business executives, and the like, there have been innumerable "Apple is dead," "Apple will soon be dead," and "Apple is dead if they don't do this or that" statements issued by all sorts of people who have been proven time and again to be wrong.

The purpose of the Death Knell Counter is to collect these statements for posterity's sake, so that as Apple continues to thrive and prosper, we can remember them. Below, you will find a list of updates, followed by our original posting, including our rules for inclusion in the Counter, and then the Death Knells themselves.

moderately

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
It's funny you say that because the initial products Apple releases are typically among no peers in the product category. The entire concept that competition is the only way improvements happen is probably the biggest fantasy around...especially in the technology sector.

Quoted for truth. Apple has a history of innovating in areas where there is no competition initially. I do not consider a big screen particularly innovative.

I do think that many people at apple are doing what they do because they love it. When Apple is on they are making choices because they want to make something right. This can blow up on them- the cube.
When they are off I sometimes feel they are allowing market forces to drive them.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Well, there's a first time for everything...

Samsung introduced the new materials and unique design in the Galaxy Alpha .... look at what a huge success it was :rolleyes:

----------

People sometimes forget about the older Galaxy phones:
There is a good reason Apple took them to court
.... and won

----------

And yet, they look nothing alike. Go figure.

Speaking about reality distortion, lol... :rolleyes:
They don't look alike.... They are identical

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
There were smart phones before 2007 and tablets before 2010. Apple did not invent them, they just made better ones.

(I would argue that other companies have gone on and made better tablets since the iPad first came out.)

There were... And they were a joke

----------

No, I don't. And second I don't care about Samsung. So you are wrong on both counts but hey, A for effort.

You don't care about Samsung.... Right... I won't comment... Don't want to be banned again :D

----------

What he is saying is writing posts in a style that may be considered to be condescending and snarky is meant to provoke. Just a general comment not directed at anyone.

He's just one of many :D

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
What you don't seem to understand is that from an operational point of view they are separate. The Samsung company owning both semiconductors and mobile divisions doesn't have to "concentrate" on anything. Semiconductors is absolutely unaffected by Mobile's awful trouble (except that Samsung Mobile may be a Semiconductor customer that will reduce their orders, just as Semiconductor is happy about every iPhone sold because it increases their revenue as well).

Because they both are part of the same company they both have their contributions to the company's overall health. Hence dropping mobile would have an overall positive impact on the company -- something their investors might appreciate.

SirCheese

Suspended
Sep 30, 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
What he is saying is writing posts in a style that may be considered to be condescending and snarky is meant to provoke. Just a general comment not directed at anyone.
That's nice for him. It's plainly obvious who was trying to provoke who. I don't need my account banned and I am going to end this particular discussion with this post.

----------

Identical... And Samsung was sued and condemned over that.
Again, they aren't identical, but keep believing that.

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
...They don't look alike.... They are identical

I don't think you know what "identical" means. They are not identical. You can easily tell which one is Apple's and which one is Samsung's.

----------

There were... And they were a joke

Perhaps, but my point is that Apple did not create the smart phone and the tablet markets as was said by another member.

taunall

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2015
My son bought a Samsung and wasn't very satisfied with it my girlfriend left apple for Samsung and now she wishes she would've bought the apple 6 I bought the apple 6 after having a apple 4s for four yrs I love my iphone6 it's the best I couldn't ask for anything better apple will always rule my world

croooow

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2004
My son bought a Samsung and wasn't very satisfied with it my girlfriend left apple for Samsung and now she wishes she would've bought the apple 6 I bought the apple 6 after having a apple 4s for four yrs I love my iphone6 it's the best I couldn't ask for anything better apple will always rule my world

I think it's time for me to leave...

Woodcrest64

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
Samsung will need to step its game. They apparently have a new designer for their phones but his work won't be seen until the Note 5 and the S7 as the S6 is pretty much finalized. Competition is great :D

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
I know most advanced consumers are waiting for Note 5 with 14nm, ARM v8 ISA, A57 performance, 4GB LP-DDR4 DRAM, hopefully 6" AMOLED with even smaller bezel/physical phone size, 4K output, h.265/VP9 hardware acceleration, WiGig for wireless 4K streaming, etc. Just a bigger iPod doesn't cut it.

Last edited:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
And right there we see _why_ Android companies are not as successful as Apple: Because some people have it in their minds that customers buy Apple phones because of some magical trick that Apple is playing. The reality is that they buy an iPhone because for various reasons that is what they prefer to use. Design, ease of use, ecosystem, and a store with people whose job it is to help the customer. The last part is absolutely unique to Apple.

Just wanted to state, that last part is in no way unique to Apple. Maybe in your experience, but IMO John Lewis is better than Apple.

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal
I know most advanced consumers are waiting for Note 5 with 14nm, ARM v8 ISA, A57 performance, 4GB LP-DDR4 DRAM, hopefully 6" AMOLED with even smaller bezel/physical phone size, 4K output, h.265/VP9 hardware acceleration, WiGig for wireless 4K streaming, etc. Just a bigger iPod doesn't cut it.

YEah, because the crap Note 4... Well, just didn't cut it... So, we'll get some better version of crap...

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
That's nice for him. It's plainly obvious who was trying to provoke who. I don't need my account banned and I am going to end this particular discussion with this post.

----------

Again, they aren't identical, but keep believing that.

Samsung's was a blatantly copy of the iPhone, and was sued for that. Period.

----------

I don't think you know what "identical" means. They are not identical. You can easily tell which one is Apple's and which one is Samsung's.

----------

Perhaps, but my point is that Apple did not create the smart phone and the tablet markets as was said by another member.

Yes, you can definitely tell which one is Apple: the one working fine :D
Today is really hard to see someone who really CREATES something. But Apple took the smartphone and tablet markets to a totally different level..... And Samsung followed.
The only new "idea" I'd give to Samsung is the pen implementation on the Note line. It's not something new, either, nor something I personally like, but it's something Samsung did well.

----------

That's the reason why Samsung is falling...
A list of tech specs appeals just a bunch of nerds on the web, not the crowd.

----------

I wonder if someday the same thing will happen to Apple. I hope not but I know that no business is on top forever

It's going to happen.
Maybe in the Q42015.
Apple isn't going after market share. It's just a consequence of the huge commercial success of the iPhone 6, even in the Chinese market.
Apple is just looking for a profitable market, and obtained it since the beginning.

----------

YEah, because the crap Note 4... Well, just didn't cut it... So, we'll get some better version of crap...

You can be sure galaxy S6 specs will be even more impressive. And the Note 5 even more. Again and again.
But, on the end, just another Android phone, and there will be a Xiaomi, or Huawei, or Oppo, or whatever.... with a similar specs list for less money.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I guess that implies 70 million apple customer who bought the iphone 6/6+ are not advanced consumers. Oh well, I'll have to live with the fact that I'm an "average" consumer.

Don't you know? That's basically the attitude of every Android fan on this forum. They put a couple of Apple devices in the signature, if any, and then come here to educate us on how ignorant we are not seeing how superior their Android device is. It doesn't matter of you probably are using Android since the beginning, or if you are a professional with a degree. You are just a blind iSheep in their eyes.

Btw the guy you are quoting is an Apple enthusiast,i think you misunderstood his words ;)

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Don't you know? That's basically the attitude of every Android fan on this forum. They put a couple of Apple devices in the signature, if any, and then come here to educate us on how ignorant we are not seeing how superior their Android device is. It doesn't matter of you probably are using Android since the beginning, or if you are a professional with a degree. You are just a blind iSheep in their eyes.

Btw the guy you are quoting is an Apple enthusiast,i think you misunderstood his words ;)

Yes, I know that. It was the poster that he/she quoted tends to be derisive.

And your post above is spot on especially relating to specs. Why get a note 5 for full price when I can but an Oppo for less than half price that does maybe 10% less. I'm saving hundreds for a slight loss in functionality.

Last edited:

skratch77

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2013
Apple finally gave users a big screen phone that a lot of people were waiting for.I know my close friend was waiting for a bigger phone for a while and left his note 3 for a 6 plus.

But don't think Apple will have this same growth and profit next round.apple right now is where samsung was when they hit the streets with the s3.now that everyone got a big iphone there won't be a huge demand this time next year with the 6s and iPhone 7.

You can quote this and remember it when apple hits a saturation point like Samsung did next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.