for the nikon users: Capture NX released

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Silentwave, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Silentwave macrumors 68000

May 26, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    for all my fellow nikon users here... Nikon Capture NX was just released in japan this past hour. the download is the japanese version, but I am not alone in expecting the english version to be out sometime during business hours tomorrow.
  2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Sweet. I generally don't like software from camera vendors, but we'll see.
  3. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Mar 10, 2005
    Awesome! I was just reading a preview for it in Pop Photo. Looks like a lot of fun.
  4. ksz macrumors 68000

Oct 28, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Nikon partnered with the software company Nik (pure coincidence??) to produce the latest Nikon Capture NX. It's not home grown, which I agree tends not to be as polished as software from a software company.

Nik's website is now nikonsoftware:

5. HD303 macrumors regular

Jul 1, 2006
    Observatory Park
    Here is some information & a download link:

***Apperently, Nikon has taken down the link?
  6. Silentwave thread starter macrumors 68000

May 26, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    My initial results and observations: I love it! its like being a kid and getting your first box of don't know what you've been missing for all this time.

This is my first processed file from NX. played with control points, curves, selective Noise Reduction (ISO 800), and selective color (65% opacity b&w conversion to let some background color in, then minus brush to remove the conversion from the areas I wanted color.
  7. JGruber macrumors 6502

Feb 13, 2006
    Looks good.

Cant wait to try it out on the Mac when I get home.

I'm hoping to give the Camera Control Pro a try too, see if it is any better then Capture Control in Nikon Capture 4.
  8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Dec 25, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Finally after a long wait, we have pricing and a trail to carry us through till final release. :) The brochure makes this look quite impressive.