Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
Innocent little 'ol me was surfing around trying to get info on the new phone I have --- a Sonyerricson K700i ( much reccommended ) --- so I was looking for the Sonyerricson web site. Did a Google and was given Sonyerricson.com - all well and good and loaded it up. Then thought I would be more country specific - so typed in Sonyerricson.co.uk. Instantly got a forbidden site warning come up on the page. But this one had the additional warning of telling me NOT to try / or repeatedly try to access the site again!! Not wanting to end up on the most wanted list or a pack of cards I haven't tried ----- but has anyone come across this before,and what does it all mean?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
It's just a 403 error, nothing to get excited about :rolleyes:

There's just no default page at that URL and directory indexing is dissabled, there for you get a 403.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
jbrown said:
could you explain this?
A Denial of Service (DoS) attack is an attack that floods the affected server(s) with so many bogus requests that it can't accept legitimate requests. A Distributed DoS (DDoS) is a DoS conducted with many computers sending bogus requests instead of one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.