Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ASUgrad1999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Gilbert, AZ
A robot! I know it sounds a little ridiculous and far fetched but that's the kind of innovation that could be a game changer. I think this is something Steve Jobs would do - give the public something they aren't even thinking about. I'm not talking a toy either and it would be expensive (probably in the $5,000 range) I'm talking about something utilitarian but could end up being a part of the family - do chores, have conversations, play games, etc. Imagine all of Apple's resources and knowhow and what they could do. And if you think the technology isn't there, look at what Honda has been working on for 20+ years.

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
A robot would be interesting but I don't believe Apple itself has anyone with the real know-how to create on. Just like Lenevo, Samsung and Sony, Apple would have to look outside for the talent. Probably the only thing Apple could add would be to cripple it so that they can continue a form over function product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.