Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blushthomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
I can't remember my password and now everytime I try to download the upgrades for i-tunes or any other program I can't install them because I don't have the password. I tried accessing it through keychain and it asks me for the keychain password, which I don't know b/c I never set it up. What can I do to get my password? I can't remember it b/c there were all these crazy rules when I set it up like 1 uppercase, 2 numbers, 1 special character, etc.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
you don't have to put alphanumeric passwords in, any special characters. you don't even need to enter a password - it may be blank.

why don't you restore password with the startup disc that comes in the box? it won't reset your keychain password, however. you'll need to create a new keychain.

blushthomas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2006
cd

I bought my computer off ebay so I don't think I have any cds for it. And the password I can't remember is the login password which I only have to use in order to install certain programs. However, I can't remember it b/c it did have all these weird requirements like 1 uppercase, 1 number, a special character, etc. How else can I get this password?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Get your hands on an OSX disc somehow. Maybe buy a copy from eBay, although be warned that if you buy a version that was intended for a specific machine, then it may not necessarily work on your machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.