Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
File this under anal retentive, but iPod touch is spelled with a lower case t, not a capital T. The forum name has a capital T.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
i noticed this, too. i don't think it's anal retentive, it's the correct way to do it. for instance, the mini of "Mac mini" does not begin with a capital M, nor does the nano of "iPod nano" begin with a capital N. there are many examples.

Retired
May 16, 2006
"iPod touch" might look out of place...as would "Digital audio", unless they all changed...

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
iPod touch is the name of the product and would not be out of place. Following your logic, the i in iPod, iPhone, iMac and iTunes should be capitalized. Let's not forget the e in eMac.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
iPod touch is the name of the product and would not be out of place. Following your logic, the i in iPod, iPhone, iMac and iTunes should be capitalized. Let's not forget the e in eMac.

I agree with you. The forum titles should be as precise as possible; by having an incorrect capitalization, the forum helps engender further incorrect capitalizations.

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
Thanks for fixing that Arn.

I agree.

And now if I can actually get my hands on the real thing - Japan is still a no show (but with a week to go before the '28th')

Maybe we can start a Forum 'Things Apple Announces and/or Releases But Not Yet Available in My Country'.

I guess most Posters will be in Australia.

:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.