Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
After renovating my garage and wall mounting a 43 inch tv with an Apple TV and my old 2014 Mac mini to assist in car repairs, I was looking for a decent and cheap Magic Mouse alternative to use out there. I didn't want a wired mouse, so I browsed bluetooth mice on amazon.

I came across a Rapique R306. looks a lot like a Magic Mouse, which is exactly what I was going for. It was also offered in black, so I can use it with grease monkey dirty hands and not dirty a white mouse. This has both bluetooth 5.1 and a wifi 2.4GHz dongle for immediate detection.

clicks are smooth and the scrolling wheel offers a little "tighter" feel (resistance to scroll) vs my Macally wired mouse. I liked it enough I ended up buying a second one for my living room 2015 iMac in white.

only downsides are it doesn't offer swipe between pages and uses a regular scroll wheel and that it takes a AA battery, I wish it was rechargeable. but either way for the price and form factor, its a decent mouse.

Attachments

• 51U5PcS-N8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    51U5PcS-N8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: StoneJack
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.