Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dr34mc4st3r

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2009
Singapore
It's probably just something from QA, or the factory, but I thought it was amusing to find this light blue laminated card in the MBP box... Does anybody know what it says? (maybe it's a "golden" (blue) ticket to tour Apple's secret factory) :p

Hi, lemme try out the translation...may not be perfect but what the heck...

First image
- Factory's 4 big ethos/ideals
1. discipline
2. (social) order
3. organised, neat
4. cleanliness

- Working ethos/ideals
1. be prepared anytime to accept challenges
2. plan proper before starting work
3. be prepared for alternative solutions
4. wholeheartedly devote into work
5. enjoy the fruits (results) and set off again

Second image
1. all those who are in contact with electrical components or boards must wear anti-static wrist bands
2. before changing production lines (?), confirm standard operating procedures and key points in inspecting quality...(some more text but unsure context of the words)
3. before starting work, verify materials on hand then continue on for assembly/installation
4. before resting or knocking off, to complete all work on hand. to put the card (?) on the counter (?) before leaving.

~End~

...those who are better in Chinese..please have a go ;)

Last edited:

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
First image
- Factory's 4 big ethos/ideals
1. discipline
2. (social) order
3. organised, neat
4. cleanliness

- Working ethos/ideals
1. be prepared anytime to accept challenges
2. plan proper before starting work
3. be prepared for alternative solutions
4. wholeheartedly devote into work
5. enjoy the fruits (results) and set off again
I want this card in my office now.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
You know it's an accurate translation if it say's:

"If officious Americans ask questions about working conditions, pretend you don't speak English language"

kpchan

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
It's probably just something from QA, or the factory, but I thought it was amusing to find this light blue laminated card in the MBP box... Does anybody know what it says? (maybe it's a "golden" (blue) ticket to tour Apple's secret factory) :p

Hi,I am a Chinese from China mainland. I am a projct engineer who works with the US company. I am very familiar with such type of cards. :) They are the manufacturing insturctions for the workers in production line. I can translate them as below:

The first card:

- The four concepts in plant
1. Discipline 2. Order 3. Arrange & Recitify 4. Clean

- The concept in your mind
1. Be encourged to accept the chanllges at anytime
2. Making plans prior to action
3. Figure out the backup solution
4. Commit to your work with all your heart
5. Enjoy the result and be ready again

The second card:1. The operator should wear the static electricity bracelet piror to touching the component or the PCB.
2. When switching to other product line, you should confirm the S.O.P. and the key point of the quaity inspection process. And confirm that it has been replaced by the product that will be manufactured. Please confirm the detial again before production.
3. Before assembling the product, please confirm your materal on hand.
4. You must finish your current assembly piror to your rest. In the meantime, plese put this instruction card on the table befor you leave.

Done :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.