Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Foxconn has begun another large-scale hiring effort for its factories in Shenzhen and Zhengzhou in order to help out with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus production, reports Digitimes.

foxconn-iphone_production.jpg
Because working on assembly lines is no longer as attractive as before for workers in China, Foxconn is having issues recruiting sufficient numbers of workers. The company has been hosting hiring events recently to maintain its manpower, the sources added.
The report notes that Apple's goal to launch its new handsets in 115 countries by the end of 2014 also pushed Foxconn to start another round of large-scale hiring. The company was previously said to be bringing on 100,000 new employees in June ahead of the iPhone 6 launch.

The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus went on sale in the first wave of countries on September 19 and saw expanded availability to more countries last Friday, September 26. Overall demand for the new devices has been greater than supply to this point, as Apple's Online Store still shows a 7-10 day shipping estimate for new iPhone 6 orders and a 3-4 week delay for new iPhone 6 Plus orders in the U.S.

Article Link: Foxconn Hiring More Workers to Help with Strong Demand for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
but...

we're being told there's a massive design flaw with these phones.

surely no one in their right mind is buying them :rolleyes:

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I can't believe that I got my 6 Plus already! My order had an estimated shipping from November 9-27, but I got it way ahead of that.

mafaky

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2014
Istanbul, Turkey
what are the "massive design flaws"?

but...

we're being told there's a massive design flaw with these phones.

surely no one in their right mind is buying them :rolleyes:

What issues (regarding the "massive design flaws") are you implying?

So far, I've heard only one of them: "the bendability" of the iP6+"

Do you have more to add???:confused:

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
I want to exchange my 6 Plus but no Apple Store even has it in stock so the manger gave me an extension on my return

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I can't believe that I got my 6 Plus already! My order had an estimated shipping from November 9-27, but I got it way ahead of that.

Glad to hear it. I ordered mine two days ago and got an estimated shipping of November 5-14. I also ordered a 6 at the same time (6 for my fiancee, 6+ for me, and her shipping estimate is October 7-16).

Here's hoping Foxconn is successful in hiring more workers and that it leads to me getting my shipment delivered sooner.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012

That comment was sarcastic, in case you missed it.

----------

Glad to hear it. I ordered mine two days ago and got an estimated shipping of November 5-14. I also ordered a 6 at the same time (6 for my fiancee, 6+ for me, and her shipping estimate is October 7-16).

Here's hoping Foxconn is successful in hiring more workers and that it leads to me getting my shipment delivered sooner.

I doubt it. You have to put workers through months of training before putting them behind iPhone production lines.

iSolidus

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
I would like to propose an instant BAN of users who make jokes about bending iPhones and iPads.... Who's with me! :D
Why? Don't let it bother you. Just flick past the comments while you surf the web on your beautiful new iPhone 6 (+) :cool:

iCore24

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan
I wish we can bring all those jobs to America #

Seems like they have huge hiring sprees every year. Maybe one day. One day...

TantalizedMind

Suspended
Feb 5, 2007

A protruding rear camera and horrible antenna bands across the back. 5S > 6

----------

Dude... they pay their workers about $1 USD a day. I'm not making that up. I read that in an article on this site last year.

Are you willing to work 8-12 hrs a day for $1?! I sure as hell am not! Keep those jobs in China!

----------

You just can't temporarily bend the rules of this forum for your own sake.

Hehe. He said bend.

----------

I would like to propose an instant BAN of users who make jokes about bending iPhones and iPads.... Who's with me! :D

Don't get all bent out of shape!

Daoyee

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
Funny for a week and half I have been expecting my iPhone 6 plus to be delivered on Thursday. Last night shipping was updated to Friday. Sigh. This morning the date was updated to Monday. Wth. I know this is not a manufacturing problem, but come on!

Fabricman112

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010

those "jobs" are basically slavery by western standards... but hey :apple:
likes money...
apple is the only "computer" company beside all oil/gas companies
http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/best-and-worst//most-profitable-employees-companies
personally I used to like apple, but they´ve turned into something greedy, disgusting and I´m not gonna sponsor it no more

hovercast

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010

If only Americans were willing to work for 2 dollars a day. Unemployment rates would drop to zero in America

stars_fan

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2008
Nut house

rsocal

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
Southern Ca

alexgowers

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2012
Manufacturing one successful phone is so hard compared to how samsung do it. They make variations and spread demand so they can sell more overall phones of different models.

They avoid bottlenecks unlike apple with each new iteration of iPhones. I prefer apples' method from a consumer standpoint and simplicity but boy does it seem easier the other way around rather than all at once. Samsung is even able to ship worldwide on launch day with that method.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
Manufacturing one successful phone is so hard compared to how samsung do it. They make variations and spread demand so they can sell more overall phones of different models.

They avoid bottlenecks unlike apple with each new iteration of iPhones. I prefer apples' method from a consumer standpoint and simplicity but boy does it seem easier the other way around rather than all at once. Samsung is even able to ship worldwide on launch day with that method.
Yeah but on this forum no one cares about low end phones, so basically your comparison is irrelevant unless it is only about Samsung top end phones and there shipping times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.