Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NTV2

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2010

Attachments

• 205s00y.jpg
    205s00y.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 83

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
got mine today as well (germany) using it right now, makes the phone feel a tad bulky. i wonder how it handels a drop, wouldnt it fall sideways first considering the heavier gummy parts?

ihaveNFC

Mar 16, 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Do the bumpers go well with the zagg shield thinking about going this weekend and get one from best buy

I've got the full body invisi shield (ZAGG) and love it. Looks great and does a nice job preventing the glass from breaking after i slam it on the concrete three consecutive times.

EDIT: And yes, I'm using the bumper with the shield.

MrENGLISH

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2009
So, if I buy a White Bumper at the Apple retail store, can I still get a refund?

How about you actually answer my question sir

The reason he responded the way he did is because Apple has already pulled the bumpers from the sales floor and is not selling them at this time. I have a feeling the colored bumpers will be back after Sept 30th (after the free bumper program expires). I don't see Apple renewing the program after Sept 30th because by that point in time, the (slightly revised - recently manufactured) iPhones 4's will already have been fixed by then. The revised iPhone 4's will have some sort of dot on the box to easily identify the unit as a "fixed" unit. Much like what they did with the slim USB charger - the green dot identifies the unit as a "fixed" unit - the early batch had issues with the prongs breaking off inside electrical sockets.

Apple can be very predictable when you have followed them for years...

jp70

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
Palmdale, CA
Garbage

Forgive me for not sifting through all the posts, but the bumper is garbage. I pre-ordered as soon as they were available after pre-ordering my iPhone 4. It spent all of 1 minute on the phone. I'm sure it's been stated over and over, the mute button is difficult to use, 3rd party charging cables don't fit, looks cheap...because it is.

Thanks for the refund Apple. I would of rather had a shot at a free 3rd party case though.

jroadley

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2009
Norwich, UK
So the free £25 bumper came yesterday.

Had it on the iPhone for about 5 minutes before taking it off and putting my £4 Ebay case back on.

Really bad design there apple.

RossMacca

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2009
Got my free Bumper this morning (UK). I'm happy with it, fits the phone perfectly- all the ports/speakers etc line up spot on. And it still looks like an iPhone 4 which is a big thing for me, and why I chose it over the 3rd party cases.

Saying that, I would NOT have paid £25 for it. But for free, can't so fairer than that.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Tracking shows that my bumper is here in my city and that it arrived yesterday. If the delivery date is correct which shows it to be today, I should hopefully have my bumper in a few hours.

sgosine

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Boulder Colorado
Tracking shows that my bumper is here in my city and that it arrived yesterday. If the delivery date is correct which shows it to be today, I should hopefully have my bumper in a few hours.

Mine too! although Im not sure if ill use it, Im definitely stoked to check it out. I use the SENA unltrathin leather pouches to protect and clean off the fingerprints on my ip4. So anyone who needs an extra bumpR out there, lemma kno...

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Mine too! although Im not sure if ill use it, Im definitely stoked to check it out. I use the SENA unltrathin leather pouches to protect and clean off the fingerprints on my ip4. So anyone who needs an extra bumpR out there, lemma kno...

Mine just got delivered so yours should be there very soon too! It's in a bubble wrap package via the USPS.

sgosine

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2009
Boulder Colorado
Nice, Can you possibly post a screen shot of the anti glare screen protector after you install it? IM looking at some A/G protecors, but im wondering how much it blurs the display up. Retina display is just too sick to cover up like that (in my opinion)...

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Nice, Can you possibly post a screen shot of the anti glare screen protector after you install it? IM looking at some A/G protecors, but im wondering how much it blurs the display up. Retina display is just too sick to cover up like that (in my opinion)...

Here are two photos. You can see the screen now has a matte finish to it. My main reason for getting the film is to keep the finger prints off. After a month, it was getting harder to wipe them off, all they would do was smudge and make a bigger mess.

The bumper also does not cause the film to bubble or peel up.

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 87
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 86

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
So the free £25 bumper came yesterday.

Had it on the iPhone for about 5 minutes before taking it off and putting my £4 Ebay case back on.

Really bad design there apple.
It looks ok. Not my favorite, i would have prefered something from Switcheasy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.