Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m.gansrigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Vienna, Austria
Hi, all.

My name is Matt, I'm the developer of Eternal Storms Software, responsible for the Mac- and iOS Apps Yoink, Glimpses, ScreenFloat, Transloader and flickery.

Today, I've released a new application: SiriMote.

droppedImage.png

The Apple TV Siri Remote can be paired with the Mac, but aside from developers testing their Apple TV apps with it in Xcode's Simulator, the Remote is of not much use.

This is where SiriMote comes in, as it enables the user to use the Apple TV Siri Remote with all sorts of applications on the Mac, like iTunes, Keynote, QuickTime, VLC and more.

You can play/pause, fast forward, rewind, go to the next or previous track and change the volume of your Mac.

SiriMote is a free app and can be downloaded right here.
If you like the app, please consider taking a look at my other apps on my website. Thank you :)

SiriMote Website: http://eternalstorms.at/sirimote
SiriMote Free Download: http://bit.ly/sirimotezip

Thank you for your time, I hope you enjoy the app :)

- Matt

Cordorb

macrumors regular
May 8, 2010
People always forget to start Itunes on the Mac to allow sharing and have to run into another room or use a desktop app.

will this allow starting of Itunes ?

m.gansrigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Vienna, Austria
If no app is currently reacting to the Mac's media keys, pressing the Play/Pause button on the remote will indeed launch iTunes if it's not running.

chindizzle

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2015
If you could please add support for Kodi and Plex that'd be fantastic. I think a lot of people who would want your app or who use the remote with a mac in general use it for an HTPC.

m.gansrigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Vienna, Austria
SiriMote uses the Mac's media keys (e.g. fast forward, rewind, play/pause on the F9, F7 and F8 keys). So if the app supports those keys, it should work with SiriMote.
Perhaps I'll try to contact Kodi and Plex and see if they'd like to support those media keys. Maybe you can, too.

chindizzle

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2015
SiriMote uses the Mac's media keys (e.g. fast forward, rewind, play/pause on the F9, F7 and F8 keys). So if the app supports those keys, it should work with SiriMote.
Perhaps I'll try to contact Kodi and Plex and see if they'd like to support those media keys. Maybe you can, too.

I'd suggest trying to make the sirimote buttons work the same as the apple remote ones since those are already supported by both plex and kodi rather than using the mac's media keys.

m.gansrigler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Vienna, Austria
Hello all.

SiriMote has been updated to version 1.2 (Freeware, direct download here).
You can now use your Apple TV Siri Remote to put your Mac or your Mac's display to sleep and now is available in German, additionally to English.

Here's a blog post with more information on the app.

I hope you enjoy the app :)
If you like it, please take a look at my other apps at http://eternalstorms.at - thank you!

Take care,
- Matt

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

wlossw

macrumors 65816
May 9, 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

take a look at beardedspice on github https://github.com/beardedspice/beardedspice, this allows media keys to control all sorts of web media content across browsers... would work great with your app i suspect...

Quotenfrau

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
I don't have Siri Remote unfortunately, it would cost $60 (local). Does anyone use Siri Remote on mac to watch videos and pictures (NSFW)? Can anyone talk about their experience and whether it's worth buying hardware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.