Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bloo Ice

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Kansas
My sister just got her macbook in today!! Exciting stuff, seeing as how I am the one who got it. I'm on it right now, she hasn't even seen it. He he. Anyway, college students buy a mac now and get a free nano......NOW. Not last week when she ordered it. Is there ANY way possible to get them to let it slide and give her...ahem, me that nano? thanks

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Didn't someone else on here just have a similar experience? If I'm not mistaken, Apple dediced to give him/her the free iPod nano.

Keep us updated! :D

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
No offense if you had any foresight and prior knowledge about education packages you would have known to wait for this. Last year they had the ipod mini deal. If I were apple, I would see no reason to give you a rebate check especially since you bought it under that assumption that there was no free nano and agree to pay for what you purchased.

By your logic, apple could never update their computers for they would always piss off those who got the older version for the same price.

However best of luck I do hope you get it for it would be nice

count chocula

macrumors 6502a
p0intblank said:
Didn't someone else on here just have a similar experience? If I'm not mistaken, Apple dediced to give him/her the free iPod nano.

Keep us updated! :D

you might be referring to me. i ordered my macbook on saturday, gave them a call on monday, and it arrived today. well, was supposed to arrive today, nobody was here. i guess i'll have to tell them to leave it at the door tomorrow, seeing as nobody will be here then either. give them a call, they might help you out.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
No offense if you had any foresight and prior knowledge about education packages you would have known to wait for this. Last year they had the ipod mini deal. If I were apple, I would see no reason to give you a rebate check especially since you bought it under that assumption that there was no free nano and agree to pay for what you purchased.

By your logic, apple could never update their computers for they would always piss off those who got the older version for the same price.

Yup, sounds like a Dukie. :p

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2006
PA
i read the apple policy on that since i got my macbook a week ago... and you cant get the rebate unless you buy it post-June 5th along with an ipod. ill call though and maybe theyll be nice. i already have a video ipod but a free nano is a free nano.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Any reason as to why they just don't send you the nano for free to begin with. The whole rebate thing kinda sucks. I guess apple just wants some people to forget about the rebate and keep the money lol.

bodeh6

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2005
dukebound85 said:
Any reason as to why they just don't send you the nano for free to begin with. The whole rebate thing kinda sucks. I guess apple just wants some people to forget about the rebate and keep the money lol.

That is the whole reason companies do rebates. It guarentees that some people will not get it due to not sending it in, sending incomplete forms, etc. Every company out for a profit know this.

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2006
Speaking as an idiot who screwed up the 2004 iPod/laptop rebate, sometimes time just gets away from you. And that's exactly what the company expects to happen more often than not.

(Speaking of which, I have three rebates--totaling $330--to do this weekend)

In my defense, I hate cutting the boxes. I get the rationale, I just hate doing it. There ought to be a card or a punch out (like on a DVD) or something.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
dukebound85 said:
That is the #1 reason why they do a rebate and not the actual item up front. I forget the number, but it is a very high number of people who forget to send in their rebates. I would venture to guess that I have at least $300 worth of rebates that are owed to me that I forget to collect on. That is not including one for a laptop that I bought and sold 6 months later for my Apple. The rebate was $500. When I sold the laptop I sold the box and therefore no rebate. I still had time too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.