Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael-appleru

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Minnesota
I want to record my computer screen for say, a tutorial. Is there any good free application that will do this???? Ive search google and found none for Macintosh so I come to you.

Thanks,

sahnert

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2003
Seattle
iShowU is shareware. You can use it for free if you don't mind having green text overlayed on your videos, like if you are just using it for family or something. Otherwise it's $20 i think.

michael-appleru

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Minnesota
iShowU is shareware. You can use it for free if you don't mind having green text overlayed on your videos, like if you are just using it for family or something. Otherwise it's $20 i think.

NO I DONT WANT A OVERLAYING THINGY THIS IS PROFESSINAL WORK HERE!!
and I NEED one thats free

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
NO I DONT WANT A OVERLAYING THINGY THIS IS PROFESSINAL WORK HERE!!
and I NEED one thats free

if this is actually pro work, what's wrong with a small overlay? I myself frequently need freeware and ask about it on these boards, but I'm just a student. If you are going to be making money, what's wrong with spending a bit?

michael-appleru

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Minnesota
no that was not yelling and it is professional work at a $0 budget, by the way im havent graduated from high school so that tell you im younger that like 18 :D

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
no that was not yelling and it is professional work at a $0 budget, by the way im havent graduated from high school so that tell you im younger that like 18 :D

I would never have guessed.

BTW, zero dollar budget = hobby.

Ya, CAPS MEANS YOUR YELLING!1!!111!!!

And if your making money off this(as its is "Pro" work, and I use the term lightly) then fork out a few dollars, if not then its a hobby, or if its school work fork out a few bucks to have a nice App around.

Also FYI I've used a trial of one for one recording a quick Video, after some google I found it so maybe you should try some search if noone can help you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.