All iPads From Ipad 2 to Ipad mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by raccoonboy, Dec 11, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

Oct 22, 2012
    Anybody trade their Ipad 2 for Mini?

I got an offer to swap my Ipad 2 for a mini. My Ipad 2 is heavy for me somtimes and it never leave the house. Now i feel i dont get enough use of it as im at work from 8.00-18.00 not include time it took for me to drive home.

its both 16g wifi. Any advice from people who changed.
  2. macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2006

I think that would be a mistake. The iPad 4 is just too nice.

Just my 2 nickels (inflation).
  3. macrumors 603

May 21, 2009
    Yes go ahead and trade it
    the ipad mini is more portable

Is thin & light
  4. macrumors 68030

Sep 22, 2012
    Andover, UK
    The OP said ipad 2, not ipad 4

If its a straight trade, then probably a no brainier.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 24, 2012
    I just did..... Well gave the iPad 2 to my fianceé...... Loving the lightness and the screen size is almost the same
  6. macrumors 6502

Apr 8, 2010
    i think ipad mini is better for everything apart from watching videos and surfing.
    obviously bigger screen = better for videos, but with safari on the mini, the text is too small for me on most websites without having to zoom in, even holding landscape.

i had to use perfect browser to help out by increasing the default font size, but its slow compared to safari.

also i use it much more than my old large ipad because i dont have to carry a bag, it fits in my coat
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2011
    Instructions for adjusting the font size in iOS Safari
  8. macrumors 68040

May 10, 2010
    From iPad 2 to iPad mini would be an improvement ; so, yes, I would if there is no desire for an iPad 4
  9. macrumors 6502

Apr 8, 2010
    I've done that, but its a bit of a pain in the a$$ having to do that every time you go to a different page, especially when you spend a lot of time on forums, and also because the buttons are so small and unresponsive you end up having to press three or four times
  10. macrumors 65816

Dec 14, 2010
    I have an iPad 2 at the moment, no desire or need to change it TBH.
    Although if I did I would rather get the iPad4 rather then the mini.
  11. macrumors 68020

Nov 3, 2008
    i tried those but the safari bookmark targets are so tiny that this solution doesn't actually solve the issue.

People constantly complain about the lack of retina, but I think the bigger problem is that things are harder to read due to the OS not being optimized for a smaller screen. On 3rd party apps or iBooks where fonts are adjustable then I can see everything just fine and love the Mini, but with Safari browsing or throughout the UI then fonts just seem two points too small.

Fortunately this is an easy problem to solve since all Apple has to do is make a setting for controlling the system fonts. So the big question now is "Will apple fix this or will they use it as a selling point for the Retina mini"?
  12. macrumors 65816

Jan 17, 2012
  13. macrumors 6502

Oct 22, 2011
    I just made a regular bookmark. No more difficult than any other bookmark.