Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
However as a security professional, these things are also usually against policy as they give information without authentication.

Right, it would be a security concern if personal info was given out without auth. However the Note 2 only gives out generalized summary - how many missed calls, how many new mails etc. The facebook news ticker can be problematic but that's turned off by default.

FortWorthMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
the parched earth of North Texas
How are some of you swapping out for the Note 2 with iphone 5s under contract? I would like to do it myself and thoughtg about adding another line, but since the data SHARE plan costs $35 per line, that would hurt a bit.

Pay for subsidized price for the phone, $300.00 from ATT currently then just add it as a tablet. It's then only $10.00 extra on a shared plan.

I have the iPhone 5 and bought the Note2 last week. Quickly decided that I DO NOT need the two phones and going to keep the iPhone for that. In the next day or two dropping the Note to the tablet plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.