1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Front Row 1.2.2 Now Available

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, May 11, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Now in Software Update:
    A direct download of the update is also available.

2. Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

EricNau

Now where's the update that lets you record & pause live TV?

3. macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

Does Front Row have visualisations for music?

4. ATG
    macrumors regular

Now all I need is a Mac with front row. Donations anyone? ;)

5. macrumors 6502

"Purchased movies" - do they mean video content in general or is this a sign?

6. macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

I'll buy you a Mac Mini, if you buy me a Macbook in a (few) week(s)

EDIT:
    Probably just clips and TV shows, but the choice of words probably hints at something in the near future (this year)

7. macrumors regular

Dokter_Mac

This update is not in Software-update and the link does not work ???

8. Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

EricNau

The link works fine and the update will only work with computers originally installed with FrontRow.

9. macrumors P6

~Shard~

I believe we'll see that in Front Row 1.2.2.1 :p :D

Nice to see Apple mkaing imporovements to FR, but yeah, the update that will be of most interest to me is the one that complements a Mac media center. :cool:

10. macrumors 603

firestarter

Is fast forward / rewind speed of mpeg4/h264 content fixed? It was completely unusable before.

11. macrumors 6502a

wow, those look like some serious bugs. Glad to hear they're fixed, but rather fundamental to everyday use to have been around this long already.

Does this work the same on PPC mac's with front row as with intel?

12. macrumors member

glad to see that apple is updating FR, but it kind of sucks that they forced the FR enabler to be stopped... oh well

13. macrumors 6502

Mac Fly (film)

Fixes/Enhancements:

(1) Movie trailers now has a loading system for not so fast broadband (so when you pick a trailer, it says loading with the spining load-star, like when you start your Mac) Nice feature ;-)

(2) In Music > Shuffle songs: there's the shuffle logo! (it sparks)

Problems though, when coming out of certain sections, you appear back at the desktop. A bit annoying, I was hoping they'd have ironed out that bug. It doesn't happen everytime, but it does happen.

14. macrumors G5

nagromme

Hmmm... haven't there been times when Apple gets a bunch of software updates out the door shortly in advance of new Macs? :eek:

That would be great! iTunes visualizers are all stored as plug-ins anyway. Should be easy to add a vis on/off toggle during music playback. And a great use of a big TV screen too :)

15. Demi-God (Moderator emeritus)

EricNau

MacBooks next Tuesday! :D

16. macrumors 68020

sunfast

I hope so!:D :D :D

17. macrumors 6502

boncellis

Good to see the server not responding message gone.

I don't have a FR compatible Mac as of yet, but it's sheer good looks are a selling point with the wife...

18. macrumors G4

Front Row is definitely faster at loading the component apps. I used to have to wait 10 seconds when selecting Music before, now it's pretty much instant. It's also much smoother at navigating the menus, even the Movie Trailers.

19. macrumors regular

In the name of all that is holy, is there accellerated fast-forward yet???

I really wish the Apple Remotes had clickwheels and the accompanying accelleration-scrolling. Getting through an h.264 video is currently a horrifying experience.

20. macrumors 601

liketom

no but it is better slightly - they need 2x 4x 8x and chapter tools that's simple to add to MOV's

21. macrumors 65816

Macnoviz

I see it doesn't. Are there any official reasons why? Even Winblows Media Center has one in its ugly-as-hell interface. (though you can't truly compare WMC and Front Row, WMC has TV and more functions, and 8 times as much buttons)
    Maybe you don't have to switch, it just kicks in after a certain amount of time, and disappears when you press a button

22. macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

FR enabler is back, link removed.

[url removed]

23. macrumors 6502

Mac Fly (film)

Absolutely, thank God for that! After all God created the apple.

24. macrumors regular

Yup. 10.2.7/10.2.8 for the G5 in particular to bring it in sync. Then 10.4.4 was it came out as an update to sync up the intel and PPC macs after the intel release.

Perhaps frontrow got improved during the MacBook Dev, and this is just rolling out the fixes and stuff to all.

25. macrumors 6502

Great, installation on my mini was fast and easy.:) :D

Nice to see the movie trailer service working again.