Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunkre

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend an FTP app where I can schedule dloads. I would love to backup my sites locally every day or so after hours.

Any ideas? I love Transmit, would like something similar...

Thanks

oneyejack

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2005
FTP with scheduling

I have found that Captain FTP can be used to schedule transfers by availing of the Applescripts, perhaps you might like to try it.
Captain FTP also has comprehensive Synchronisation, which may be useful for making backups.

http://www.captainftp.com

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Or, if you can wait for Tiger, you may be able to set something up using Automator and Transmit. Not quite sure whether Automator works with every app, though.

bunkre

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
yeah, both good ideas. i starting to learn applescript now, so i may play with that. i dont think im going to get tiger right away tho, need to save my coffee money.

thanks.

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
bunkre said:
yeah, both good ideas. i starting to learn applescript now, so i may play with that. i dont think im going to get tiger right away tho, need to save my coffee money.

thanks.

You could create an applescript, or shell script, then launch it via Cron. I believe Transmit allows scheduling does it not?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.