Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2012
Apple, please PLEASE updates that nano's UI. It's a great UI, just flatten it.
The skeumorphic design probably looks a tad better, but it looks like it's stuck in 2012. It doesn't fit with the rest of the line up.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
All well and good.

However, it seems to me, that the blue iPod will get confused with a white iPod, and the gold iPod will get confused with a black iPod.

I wonder if Apple will a-'dress' this issue.

Benjamin Frost

Suspended
May 9, 2015
London, England
There are only two colors here that come close to representing the LGBT pride colors. Luckily I can't decipher the tone of your post to comment any further.

colors-of-the-flag.gif

I don't associate colours with any of those things, except green for nature, because trees and plants are green.

As such, your graph is moot.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
It's going to be real pathetic if the only update to these iPods (mainly the iPod touch) is some new colours. It's using 4 year old (A5 based) internals.

Then again, maybe they'll update it silently to the A7 or something. Not too far off from them dropping the iPad mini which was also an A5. Besides the Apple TV (which also needs a refresh), the iPod touch is the only device left still selling with an A5.

Reactions: orbital~debris

Peruna

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
Indiana
For the life of me, I don't understand shy Apple has all but handed the iPod Touch its hat as it heads out the door as there is still a vibrant market left. The market is kids. Millions of them, toddlers to teens whose parents have the sensibility not to to give little Johnny and Susie an iPhone. Market to kids, design for kids. Have 4.7 and 5.5 inch versions with an A7 chip, even call it the iPad Macro if you want. This is money in pockets ready to be spent and Apple is ignoring it.

iLLUMI

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2012
Plus sized iPod Touch with updated internals PLEASE! (*Does a rain dance*) I'm still holding out hope!
Me too! Hoping that is, not the rain dance. Heheh. :)

iPod Touch with 2gb RAM, latest CPU, force touch, 128GB storage etc. would be nice. Oh and bring back the ambient light sensor too!
iPhone is too expensive.
If iPhone was a few hundred dollars cheaper than I guess I would be pro iPhone too. But iPod Touch suits my needs and budget.

If Apple don't give the iPT an upgrade this year then I might just give in and get an iPhone.

Would also love for the Nano to return to 6th gen form factor but with updated OS etc. They were great for gym, running etc. I still connect my 6th gen Nano up to the TechnoGym equipment at my gym. But I would love a new one with new features.

Reactions: Slix

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
If Apple don't give the iPT an upgrade this year then I might just give in and get an iPhone.

I already have an iPhone haha. But it's a small 4" 5s. I don't want to give up easy one-handed usability for my phone. But when I'm home I want to ditch my phone and use a bigger screen, big as possible while still being a handheld device. iPad mini is too big to be handheld. So an iPod touch Plus would be ideal for me!

If Apple release new ipods. It should be compatible with apple music, otherwise I see no point in getting one.

Are current iPod touches not compatible with Apple Music? Don't they run iOS 8.4?

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
more colors is always good..

Space grey still looks like black to me. I don't think it's about choice anymore...

Apple clearly likes color options.

anthorumor

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2009
Sydney, Australia
In 2015, you have smart phones such as the Lumia and other chinese brands that cost way less than an iPod nano. If you're buying an MP3 purely for music, might as well pick one of those up instead.
And, could you say, dated looking iOS 6.0esque UI?

tiger2

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2012
For the life of me, I don't understand shy Apple has all but handed the iPod Touch its hat as it heads out the door as there is still a vibrant market left. The market is kids. Millions of them, toddlers to teens whose parents have the sensibility not to to give little Johnny and Susie an iPhone. Market to kids, design for kids. Have 4.7 and 5.5 inch versions with an A7 chip, even call it the iPad Macro if you want. This is money in pockets ready to be spent and Apple is ignoring it.

This. I'm a teacher and I can tell you many middle school kids and younger don't have phones, but do have an iPod Touch. They may not have a need for larger capacity or a faster processor, but if the refresh has these, especially 128 gb or larger, I'll buy one.

jdillings

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2015
So what exactly is the point of this refresh?

Just adding new colors. I doubt we will see any change to the internals. Apple is cheap and lazy these days and expecting any meaningful change will just lead to disappointment.

Mercifull

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2012
Keeping the iPod line alive might actually be a way of saving Apple money though. Yes sales are falling but there is still a limited demand and Apple can use economies of scale and some of the leftover components from previous iPhones in them. Expect the new iPod Touch to get the A6 or A7. Seems silly to keep producing older processors like the A5 with all the tooling and machinery that goes with it to stuff into an iPod.

The colours roughly match the Beats headphones too, which recently launched in the same champagne gold as the iPhone.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Kill the iPod Touch line.

Sell more iPhones.

Yay.
So I can say Apple is a company Always focusing on the latest and the greatest. Apple is serving current generation, current people, not the people presumably being abandoned by the trend.

Someone says Apple is a fashion brand. Now I think I can understand it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.