Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeastwood1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
Dukinfield, Cheshire
It irritates me as, if I’m streaming music to the homepods, the ad takes over the audio and stops (not just pauses) the streaming music. I just close the site and leave it until later to come back.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
These ads make the front page practically unusable. I guess MR wants me to get my news from elsewhere? That's absurdly intrusive. I don't mind ads when they're subtle and perhaps even in context, but that's silly.

IMG_7195.PNG

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
I think what really bothers me is that it’s a recurring issue. I won’t pretend I understand what it’s like running this website on the back end but it seems like it’s an issue that’s been baked in and can’t be easily fixed. It’s certainly not a good look for MR and I can’t believe admin is ok with it but it keeps happening. I could spend $50 to mitigate it I guess but I’m not that bothered by it I guess.

Augeas

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2006
OMG, I get a damn full screen McDonald’s ad every 15 seconds while scrolling on the main page. Is this the answer to get yearly payment out of Macrumors readers? The only answer I have for this annoying and intrusive ad approach is 9to5mac and deleting Macrumors from my bookmarks.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
When did MR go from $25 to $50 a year for ad-free?

I feel like for $50 / year !!!! I should be getting better content, better forums, better out of of the MR product than just providing an ad-free experience. That's absurd.
The cost, I'm sure, is based on what they're going to lose from not being able to serve ads to you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I agree, $50/yr is more than I'm willing to spend too - so I put up with the ads.

Reactions: Chuckeee

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Please try to capture a screenshot of the ad, and if possible the URL it links to. That information lets admins ask the sites advertising agency to remove the ad.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.