Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doc Brown

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Does anybody have any speculation about whether Apple plans to put the 64-bit Intel Merom dual core chip in future MacBook revisions? When might this happen if they decided to do so? Could this be in the next revision?

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
It's possible the next revision (around christmas maybe?) will have meroms in the 15" and 17" and a low power dual core yonah in the 12"/13".

I'm actually thinking apple should make macbooks in two configs:
•11" Widescreen Ultra portable -$1200 - $1400 AU (Current 12" is $1600AU)
•13" Widescreen Ultra portable -$1600 - $1800
Both with low-power dual core yonahs

Then macbook pros in two configs:
•15" Widescreen
•17" Widescreen
Both with Merom chips

That way apple are still handling the 4 screens, but there are less "pb or ib???" threads and less confusion. The only difference being processors (And possibly gfx cards) could work. :)

DVK916

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
epepper9 said:
It's possible the next revision (around christmas maybe?) will have meroms in the 15" and 17" and a low power dual core yonah in the 12"/13".

I'm actually thinking apple should make macbooks in two configs:
•11" Widescreen Ultra portable -$1200 - $1400 AU (Current 12" is $1600AU)
•13" Widescreen Ultra portable -$1600 - $1800
Both with low-power dual core yonahs

Then macbook pros in two configs:
•15" Widescreen
•17" Widescreen
Both with Merom chips

That way apple are still handling the 4 screens, but there are less "pb or ib???" threads and less confusion. The only difference being processors (And possibly gfx cards) could work. :)

I disagree. I think both the macBook and the macBook Pro will have merom. I see the Pro version getting 4mb Merom while the macBook (iBook) will get the 2mb one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.