Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emilysmithxo

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2010
Please help

I got to "CrashReporter" but there is nothing inside this folder.
Where do I go from here? I haven't been able to back up my iPhone in a long time.

pizzmoe

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
I have Windows 7. I get as far as Logs, but there is no crash reporter or anything after that. Any ideas as to why?
Thanks!

Al from NY

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
This works for Vista with iPhone4

This worked. All of the folders were there in Vista. Just make sure you know which user folder to go to. I had a few. Sync took less than a minute once I emptied the last folder.

Christopher82

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\iPodName\

Ok, So, i'm running vista. I get to C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Log

and there is no crash reporter, mobiledevice, or the name of my ipod.

I'v set it to show hidden folders and still nothing. What do i do here? My sync time is just ridiculous.

pics1301

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2011
Problems with syncing

I have an 80GB classic ipod and windows vista, it's taking forever to sync songs onto my ipod, I have not got a clue how to fix this or where to go to on my computer or in itunes to do so, can somebody please give me accurate step by step instructions in how to fix this problem? I have looked at some of the solutions that have been posted but I cannot locate anything that has been suggested, do I search in my documents? This is getting more and more frustrating by the minute, your help would be much appreciated, Thanks :)

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
What about the "Log" files? I have a lot of LowMemory log files. Can they be deleted also?

You could create a new subfolder under MobileDevice, say youripodname.backup, and then copy any existing file to the new folder so that if you have any issues you have all files quickly available to put back into the directory. You could delete & then undelete from the recycle bin but it is just easier to put them in a known location by themselves so you don't need to dig through stuff.

User592

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
Where do i locate that folder ?

Where do i find that folder to delete what is in it ?

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
hayduke60 saved my life for showing me this thread

[/COLOR]
wow mine takes about a minute to back up and a minute to sync how does it take that long?

no idea just be thankful its that quick
some people arent that lucky (take me for instance
(sorry if i was of no help)

Last edited:

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
For Windows 7, open the Start menu, type %appdata% into the search box (including the %s), and press enter. That will bring you to AppData\Roaming.

I.LOVE.YOU. and also the person who started this thread you just saved me another 12+ waiting for my ipod to backup and now its moving WAYYY faster even though its still abit slow turns out i have over 300 files in that folder so thanks for sharing the info!!! :D <3

uhh okay maybe scratch what i said above, it go faster but for like 5mins. if this doesnt work does that mean my ipod is retarted?

Last edited:

just-being-me

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
umm... so got REAALLLLYYY FRUSTRATED when i found out this method doesnt work, so i went and looked at all the other folders in Apple Computer and i found out i had like 3,763 items on my backup is that whats dragging down the speed of backup?

danielufrj

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2010
It did not work for me.

Still taking a life time to sync. Basically every day, if it works. Thanks anyway.

StephenBubbles

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2011
For Windows 7, open the Start menu, type %appdata% into the search box (including the %s), and press enter. That will bring you to AppData\Roaming.

When I type this it does bring up the roaming folder, but then what do you do? I'm guessing I go to Apple COmputer, and Logs but in my Logs folder they was only 4 text documents dated today.

I've only had my ipod classic for two weeks and this only happned today for the first time, it's very annoying.

SOmeone please help!!

jjjjsmn

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
my boyfriend's ipod is having this same problem.

but i should also give some background info.
his ipod used to work fine until a friend of his used it to pull songs off of the iPod and onto his iTunes/iPhone. he used a third party app, and without the knowledge of my boyfriend.
after that his iPod would freeze iTunes and would not sync properly, getting stuck after about 150 songs.

it was originally synced to iTunes on his dad's laptop running windows vista.

i tried to find the crash logs, but when i got to AppData, i couldn't find a folder for Logs.

i tried fixing the problem by syncing his iPod to my macbook, but while i could find the Crash Reporter folder, inside Mobile Device only my iPod was listed.
his iPod was synced to my iTunes at the time i tried to find his crash logs.

help please?

thgem72

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
It worked!

I'm running Windows 7 on a MacBook Pro and did the following:

1) Went to "Computer" under start.
2) Selected "Organize" at upper left. Went to "Folder and Search Options" then checked off "show hidden files..." under the "View" tab.
3) Went here (as indicated above): Users/user name/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/ipod name/
4) Deleted everything under that folder and within the two subfolders titled "Baseband" and "Retired".
5) Restarted, opened iTunes and commenced a sync without ANY trouble.

kathychrz

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2013
Can't Locate CrashReporter

I've gotten to logs but there is no crashreporter file. Theres 4 text documents, but nothing else. And "show hidden folders" is checked.

kathychrz

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2013
Can't Locate CrashReporter File

When I type this it does bring up the roaming folder, but then what do you do? I'm guessing I go to Apple COmputer, and Logs but in my Logs folder they was only 4 text documents dated today.

I've only had my ipod classic for two weeks and this only happned today for the first time, it's very annoying.

SOmeone please help!!

This exact thing is happening to me!!! What did you do to fix it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.