Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bioalchemist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
Hi. I have a 400 MHz G4 running Yellow Dog Linux (server). When the power goes out, it doesn't come back on. I'm new to Mac but is there a way to do it with the firmware or something? YDL does not give me a software option to do this. Thanks in advance for any help!

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
ryan42 said:
Hm. There is an option in OS X I know. So it is possible. If nothing else you could boot OS X and change the option there.
If you change the option in Mac OS X it probably will not effect the Linux OS. Try and see if there is a third-party download or add-on that will allow you to do this. There may be an official update too, do a google search, you may find people with a similar question. :) Good Luck

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
it could be as software issue like they stated above
i it could have killed you power supply by chance
does any thing spin up when you boot?

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
doucy2 said:
it could be as software issue like they stated above
i it could have killed you power supply by chance
does any thing spin up when you boot?
Despite the somewhat misleading thread title, the computer works it just doesn't reboot automatically after a power failure.

As you likely know, most x86 machines have an option to reboot after a power outage in the BIOS. Since OS X has the option in software, it leads me to believe that the option is not available in the firmware. Maybe a nice UPS is the answer.

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
ohh ok
i should have read closer i supose
you should get a back up external power supply so you mac wont be shut down by outages

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.