Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danthetigger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
I have two imac G5s, a wireless printer and a BT Home Hub wireless modem without SKYPE. I hate wires with a vengeance and given that both my computers are fitted with airport express feel that there must be some way that I can transfer information from one to the other, wirelessly, without firewire cable, or DVDs being burnt or the like. I realise it's slower than firewire, but it also means I don't have to physically move both computers into the same room every time I want a file from one computer. I'm afraid when it comes to networking, I'm kind of ignorant.

If someone has time to explain how this is done by posting a kind of duffers guide, I would be a very happy man! :rolleyes:

danthetigger

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Many thanks - all questions answered

That's a very useful set of documents. Thanks so much... I knew it must be possible. But I'm surprised by the speed of a local wireless network - very pleased to discover that I can watch all my quicktime films on one computer with 'live broadcast' from the other without glitches or anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.