Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

einmusiker

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2010
Multi view window feature isnt even available at the moment. Lol fail

----------

Not at all. You know how much people use iMessage? ALOT, your statement is not true what so ever

Less than 1% of people in my contacts use imessage

----------

I use immessage on my ipad with exactly 2 people of the 500+ contacts I have. I send thousands of texts per month via google voice. You are living in a bubble of ios alternate reality

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012

----------

I use immessage on my ipad with exactly 2 people of the 500+ contacts I have. I send thousands of texts per month via google voice. You are living in a bubble of ios alternate reality

Ok and i text about 10 people with iMessage and i know plenty of friends who have iPhones that use iMessage, espcially girls

----------

:(
It is available. If it's not available, you must be from US. As usual US is last to get any sort of good stuff.

But why would Samsung do that? That is a crucial feature in my eyes and as history tells it, the US Note 2 wont be getting a update for a while

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Wow. I just played with the note 2. One word. IMPRESSED.

I could use it with one hand one fine. I was so surprised. And the hand writing recognition with the s pen was amazing especially with my terrible hand writing.

I was a huge doubter of such a huge device but I really think I could get used to it. I could use the s pen to take notes it my work meetings and at church.

It's fast as hell and super smooth. It is now in the running for my next phone and I can't believe it.

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
But why would Samsung do that? That is a crucial feature in my eyes and as history tells it, the US Note 2 wont be getting a update for a while
I thought all Note 2's shipped with this feature on stock? I've had it out of the box, but I have the European version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-27-00-12-53.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-27-00-12-53.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 111

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I'm looking forward to seeing one of these Phablets in the wild. Samsung definitely hit on the right combo for many folks. I know only two owners of the original but both liked it a lot.

OceanView

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2005
Wow. I just played with the note 2. One word. IMPRESSED.

I could use it with one hand one fine. I was so surprised. And the hand writing recognition with the s pen was amazing especially with my terrible hand writing.

I was a huge doubter of such a huge device but I really think I could get used to it. I could use the s pen to take notes it my work meetings and at church.

It's fast as hell and super smooth. It is now in the running for my next phone and I can't believe it.

That's exactly what I use to think as well.
I bought the first gen note and now I will get the second version.
It really is an impressive piece of hardware.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
This reviewer can definitely teach other tech reviewers a thing or two about doing reviews. Engadget, The Verge? Take note.

Picking up a GN2 in a month. Gonna keep my GS3 for flashing custom ROMs. If you can deal with the size, there's nothing that even comes close to this feature PACKED device.

Yes. She is awesome. By far, the most detailed and easiest to understand reviewer. Plus, she presents things from a non-fanboy perspective. Obviously, both Android and iOS have their plusses and minuses; she presents the facts and let's you decide.

Not since the original iPhone, have I been as excited to get a smartphone. :D

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2010
Yup, I mostly see girls with iPhones...Man did I get a testosterone rush when I took my 4s back for a GS3! I felt like a Spartan ready to fight persians.
:) LOL.

Well done. In fact, that's the best sarcastic quip I've read here in eons.

michaeljohn

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Multi view window feature isnt even available at the moment. Lol fail

Multi Window wasnt available at launch on the international version either. It came a few weeks later via an OTA update. Will probably happen with the US version too once all carriers have released it.

opinioncircle

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2009
Does the Note 2 come with a man purse? :p

Seriously, it's just too big for one handed operation. It also barely fits in the front pocket without having to worry about it falling out. If your a stationary person who only sits at home and sits at work, then it might be for you.

You make a good point, but I do think that also, someone travelling a lot or commuting a lot can see the usage of it.

If you have a work laptop, you can bring on your Note to use as a PA, with a lot of features. It makes sense in my mind :D...

Note: I'm a BB user, one of these 'poor' fellas as the NYT so elegantly put a few weeks back :rolleyes::D....

The Face

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
With the official Nexus 4 announcement..

Galaxy Note II OR Nexus 4??
Both are in separate leagues IMO. both have very similar specs, but one is a phablet and ones is a normal phone.

It's personal preference really, but in terms of value for your money, the Nexus 4 is the winner.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
With the official Nexus 4 announcement..

Galaxy Note II OR Nexus 4??

With the new features of Android 4.2, my decision is 100% made. Nexus 4. Who knows when you would get an update to 4.2 on the Note 2. 3-6 months? No thanks. The note 2 is really nice hardware though besides the plasticky feel...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.