Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Galaxy Note 4 beats iPhone 6+ for customer satisfaction

galaxy-note-4-beats-iphone-6-for-customer-satisfaction-613578

acsi-us-customer-satisfaction-galaxy-note-4-tops.jpg

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-4-beats-iphone-6-for-customer-satisfaction-613578/

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
hmmm interesting. Even though I loved my Note 4 when I had it I still think I liked my iPhone a little better. Its funny how much lag the Note 4 had when you have dealt with another Samsung device like the S6! Not fair lol because I would swear that the Note 4 had no lag lol.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Tee00max post: 21399426 said:
hmmm interesting. Even though I loved my Note 4 when I had it I still think I liked my iPhone a little better. Its funny how much lag the Note 4 had when you have dealt with another Samsung device like the S6! Not fair lol because I would swear that the Note 4 had no lag lol.

When I went back to my Note 4 from my S6, both on lollipop, the Note 4 experience was noticeably slower and less responsive. No doubt about it.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
I am certainly happy with my Note 4 beast :D awaiting the Note 5 now, although, I am thinking of skipping the 5, getting a 128GB MicroSDHC and waiting for Note 6 instead. I can't fault my Note 4, thoroughly enjoying it.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
S6 would score even higher and imagine the Note 5 when it comes out.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Not surprising given the Note 4 is introducing whole new experiences to users that are greatly appreciated by consumers. I think many people are increasingly seeing the merits of the Note 4's flexibility.

It's a big device. Too big for me, which is why I traded for an S6, but it was a stellar product.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
That was a pointless link. One is about individual phones and the other about companies.

Yes that was the point. Glad you got it. :) One phone has a more of a consumer satisfaction index according to one poll company(ACSI), while one company has more of a consumer satisfaction index according to a different poll company(JD Power).

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Galaxy Note 4 beats iPhone 6+ for customer satisfaction

galaxy-note-4-beats-iphone-6-for-customer-satisfaction-613578

View attachment 558110

http://www.androidauthority.com/galaxy-note-4-beats-iphone-6-for-customer-satisfaction-613578/
Not surprised by Samsung being #1 and #2 at all. Galaxy Note series are the best all-around phablet out there. Samsung had a three year headstart to refine the features including what is used on the S-Pen. The Note 3 is nearly TWO years old and it still ranks higher than iPhone 6 Plus. Removable battery, micro-sd, nice cam, nice screen, good battery life, yes PLEASE!

What surprised me was from HTC. I don't know if that is M7 or M8, but they seem only mediocre on that list. But from my personal experience, it seems after awhile HTC phones don't age as well. Whether because the cam usually sucks, generally poor battery life (sans M8), unreplaceable/unrepairable design, etc. From my experience, HTC will WOW me at first when they first come out with their interesting design. Then after the novelty wears off, their phones start to get worse and worse and you left with a pretty paperweight. Picking HTC is for the short-sighted.

I really hope Samsung doesn't mess up with the Note 5. Those are for productive lifestyles for people who are more forward-thinking without sacrificing key features for the sake of a "prettier" phone like they did with S6/S6 edge this year. Samsung doesn't want to mess up a good thing right now. The Galaxy Note 4 should have won GSMA's best smartphone for 2014. Not LG G3 and iPhone 6. And Note 3 should have won it for 2013. Not HTC One M7. But people get fooled easily by smoke mirrors like people who are fooled by Floyd Mayweather Jr's defensive style and UNDEFEATED, pretty boy record.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Yes that was the point. Glad you got it. :) One phone has a more of a consumer satisfaction index according to one poll company(ACSI), while one company has more of a consumer satisfaction index according to a different poll company(JD Power).

You really don't like a topic that talks down about something Apple, do you?
{SNIP}

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Avalontor

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I do wonder how many of the Note 4 owners surveyed were on lollipop? Performance on KitKat was definitely better even if stock apps look aesthetically better in lollipop.

Reactions: sunking101

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I do wonder how many of the Note 4 owners surveyed were on lollipop? Performance on KitKat was definitely better even if stock apps look aesthetically better in lollipop.
Yeah I would agree...but still ok on 5.0

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yeah I would agree...but still ok on 5.0
Yep agreed.

Just makes me wonder when we talk 'satisfaction' what the difference would be asking say 100 people using Note 4 on lollipop to 100 people using it on KitKat and if the OS changes the satisfaction rating given by the users. Just scientifically curious :)

----- just thinking on that thought a little more -----

Also from a scientific perspective I wonder how they do these tests. For example if I asked 100 Device A owners at random and 100 other device B users at random and as its random and laws of probability kick in, it's highly possible 100 I pick of device A may never have had a fault with their phone whereas conversely Device B users may by random act of chance had a high percentage of users who have had a fault.

Therefore the satisfaction rating would be artificially skewed.

Do they make sure there are same number of people with no issues to those with issues ? Likely not. So how can we know that there isn't some underlying factor skewing result in some manner.

Yeah I'm not really sure I hold much weight to these satisfaction surveys - just too many variables that could potentially skew results on way or another which may not be actually genuinely reflective outside of the survey group.

Last edited:

joshuaad

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Yeah I'm not really sure I hold much weight to these satisfaction surveys - just too many variables that could potentially skew results on way or another which may not be actually genuinely reflective outside of the survey group.

Too many variables, no doubt. And then there is the margin of error. Not to mention the type of use and knowledge of the average user. It would be interesting to see what the details are in terms of satisfaction vs dissatisfaction items...

Another point is: I may enjoy my bicycle but it does not make it a car or a motorcycle; or, I may dislike my Porsche because it was simpler for me to drive my Camry on daily commutes with its automatic transmission AND it had much better mileage... Of course such real comparisons never really happen as the car owner will typically never own the other models so it's all hypothetical and theoretical.

Too many variables is right.

The other interesting statistic here would be sales numbers. Although accuracy is an issue here as well when "shipped" is often substituted for "sold" and full disclosure is often lacking...

Over time another good statistic is "switcher" numbers: iPhone to Samsung, Samsung to iPhone, iOS to android and vice versa. Considering most people keep their phones at least 2 years to get the best deal, there have not been too many purchasing cycles yet.

Interesting stuff. The war goes on.

Enjoy your great phones in the mean time!

Reactions: MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.