Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
My Note 4 was given new life yesterday. After using my Note 5 for two weeks, I decided to upgrade once again on the Note 4 to Lollipop, 5.1.1. I then rooted the phone once again. Almost immediately, the battery % started dropping and within an it was down to 88%. I remembered hearing something about clearing the cache and went into the custom recovery and cleared the cache. I let the phone sit and after six hours, the battery only dropped two percent. After 24, hrs, the battery is at 51% with two hrs screen time.

The phone is now just over one year old now with the original battery. Pretty impressed with it and 5.1.1.

When I originally upgraded to 5.0.1 last April on T-Mobile, I upgraded my Note 4 and Note Edge both to 5.0.1 and didn't like it so I went back to 4.4.4 on both phones.

I'm going to upgrade the Note Edge today. It too was bought a year ago in January.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Thanks for the advice MRU but I fear Note5 battery aging. I noticed on my Note4 that battery discharging speed is becoming vety annoying (everything is allright up to 50%/60% and then it will collapse in 30mn). Thus after 18months of usage I had to buy another battery, maybe fast charging is responsible for this accelerated aging. Note 5 battery could experience the same but then it would be impossible to change it.
I found a deal at 1400 dirhams in the emirates for a brand new Note 4 which is around 350 EUR, is there any zone locking and if yes how easy is it to remove it ?
EMEA area should cover Europe & Emirates so you should be good to go. If you get model number you can double check that it has the 4g bands where you are :)

Twixt

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
EMEA area should cover Europe & Emirates so you should be good to go. If you get model number you can double check that it has the 4g bands where you are :)

Wise point MRU, I will take my EU Note 4 and double check in Samsung's shop at Dubai mall

Reactions: MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.