Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Considering upgrading to the S7. Starting tomorrow, there's a new deal on a big retailer here brand new for 540€, down 80€ from it's normal price.

Second hand price is 450€ right now, but ALL of them are gold, which I absolutely hate! I want black.

My main reason to upgrade is microSD and battery. 32GB just barely cuts it. Battery life is always on 3 hours SOT.

Not a huge difference between the two otherwise. Don't know what to do.

Oh, and my S6 has burn-in after only 9 months, and I'm afraid the S7 will have it too.

Not to be controversial, but if you're afraid of burn in you might go look at the HTC 10.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Not to be controversial, but if you're afraid of burn in you might go look at the HTC 10.
Only way to get the 10 is online, and I'm not a huge fan of buying online anymore. Amazon has it for 660€. It's another option, but I always prefer to avoid online shopping due to taxes and warranty (having to send the device paying it myself and such).

Puddled

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2017
Bump!

Just my thoughts on my S6.

It's coming up to 2 years old now. I love it now as much as I did when I got it. It works a treat. Never any major issue with it. I dropped it once from quite a height and samsung repaired the frame FOC without any fuss at all.

Great screen,
Great Camera
Awesome GO output
Buttons are solid.
FP scanner has been faultless
Fast charging and wireless charging are amazeballs.
Most of the samsung apps are better than the google apps imho (email is great)
IR Blaster is handy.

Have i mentioned the great screen?

I got this after my HTC because I noticed that people seem to hang onto Samsung's for ages. I can see why.

The battery has been ok. Not great, but not rubbish either.

I do get an odd hiccup but a restart usually sorts it out.

My biggest problem has been android itself. App management is p*ss poor. Not Samsung's fault though.

My battery is beginning to wain a little. I am probably down 25% overall capacity which is on par or better than my previous androids and iPhones.

Great device. I'm happy to use it till it dies! And then I will be definitely considering another Samsung.

Reactions: JaySoul
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.